- Find an education program in domains like business, health, law, environment, energy, etc.
- In general: The accumulated capital (termination benefit) cannot be paid to you in cash. If you leave Switzerland, you have three possibilities:
1. The capital can be paid into a special blocked account at a bank (vested benefits account).
2. The capital can be paid into a blocked insurance policy (vested benefits policy).
3. You can also leave the capital in the previous occupational benefit institution, if the regulations provide for this possibility, otherwise in the auxiliary fund.
- Emigrating definitively to a EU/EFTA country: You must have a compulsory pension, a disability and survivors benefits insurance at the new place of establishment. Then your contributions can be transferred. You will only get the funds back when you retire.
- Emigrating definitively to a non-EU/EFTA country: You can take off your contributions (however only your personal capital payment and not the risk payment). Ask at your pension fund for detailed information. (If you don't know which is your pension fund, ask your employer.)
- Note: A lot of regulations concerning the cash payment of pensions fund of citizens from EU/EFTA countries have changed on June 1st, 2007. Thus information you got earlier might not be correct any more.
- Inform your occupational benefit institution which possibility you have chosen.
- You don't know how to proceed? Then ask the occupational benefit institution of your previous employer. If you don't know which institution it was, ask your previous employer. He can indicate the occupational benefit institution.
Unemployment Insurance UI As the UI is an redistribution insurance, nobody will get any contributions back, even the ones who never needed any allowances.
Health InsuranceAs health insurances are redistribution insurances, nobody will get any contributions back, even if the ones who never needed any allowances.
Maternity InsuranceAs the maternity insurance is a redistribution insurance, nobody will get any contribution back, even if the ones who never needed any allowances.
Accident insurance for SNSF-fellowship for prospective researchersIf you got a SNSF-fellowship for prospective researchers by the Swiss National Science Foundations SNSF (Post-Doc-Stipendium für angehende Forschende/ bourses pour chercheurs, chercheuses) to make a postdoc abroad are insured at «Winterthur» during their post-doc abroad. The SNSF pays the premium. Detailed information can be found here (deutsch / français).
- The vorsorgeforum provides all important information about pension funds.
- The foundation BVG also provides some useful information about pension funds.
- The Federal Social Insurance Office (FSIO) provides general information about the Swiss social insurances (OASI/DI/IC system) and the pension fund.
- The LOB guarantee fund provides all important information about the agreements with EU and EFTA member countries concerning the occupational benefits.
- ch.ch : Very useful information concerning your duties and rights and everyday's life for Swiss living abroad.
- The Swiss federal Department of foreign affairs publishes a useful guide for Swiss living abroad.
Last job offers
- Civil Engineering - 28.7
Faculty Positions in Transportation Engineering and Transportation Systems
- Physics/Materials Science - 28.7
Faculty Position in Plasma Physics
- Business/Economics - 28.7
Hilfsassistentin / hilfsassistenten
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 28.7
Akademischen Mitarbeiterin / Akademischen Mitarbeiters, (Entgeltgruppe 14 TV-L)
- Business/Economics - 27.7
Assistante-diplomée ou Assistant-diplômé (80%)
- Physics/Materials Science - 27.7
- Media Sciences - 24.7
Spezialist/in für Digitale Lehre und Forschung
- Computer Science/Telecom - 24.7
4 PhD Candidate/Post-Doc Positions, Job Offers No.: 2015/127, 2015/128, 2015/129, 2015/130 , (Salary...