- - Skill evaluation
- - Job application
- - Interview training
coaching for researchers
You are a researcher (PhD, postdoc, senior scientist) at a university. You have to leave the university or you want to find a job in the private or public sector.
- The step from university to industry or administration seems complicated to you and you don’t know how to proceed.
- You don’t know what your chances are of getting a job in Switzerland nor where to apply.
- Having only had university research positions, you have never really had to apply for a job. You don’t know if your job application is convincing or if your CV is complete.
- You have never had a real job interview. You don’t know what to expect and are feeling insecure.
- You are a foreigner and you don’t know the local customs or companies or you don’t speak German/French.
Our coaching may help you to find the job you want.
The myScience Concept
We have designed a coaching course for researchers and highly skilled people. Our course is compact and custom-made, adapted to your individual needs. We don’t want you to lose time and money with a long and expensive training course. We just want you to know the most important things for your job search. Our experience shows that most of the time, one hour discussion will do it. If you live abroad or if you can’t come to a coaching, use our hotline service. You can even send us your application by email and we give you a written feedback what to improve.
Researchers and highly skilled people (PhDs, postdocs, senior researchers, ...).
We offer a one-on-one custom program, according to your needs. We can work on the following subjects:
- My skills: Which job market should I target, where do I fit best?
- Job market in Switzerland: Where could I apply? Where can I find open positions? How to find a job in Switzerland as a foreigner?
- My application: Is my application complete? What companies do want to know about me? Does my CV show my skills? Do I need to add a photo / reference letters / a list of publication /... ?
- Job interview: What do they ask? How to behave? How to dress? What salary should I negociate? Interview training to prepare for the interviewing and compensation negotiating phases is also possible.
- General information: Ask all your questions about salary, labour law, customs, unemployment insurance etc.
The prices cover course fee, preparation and administration costs.
We organize such courses for a group of persons as well. Price on application.
The course can be held in English, German, or French.
Scimetrica GmbH, Hardeggerstr. 6, CH 3008 Bern (map)
(Public transport: Take bus no 17 direction "Köniz Weiermatt" to "Hardegg-Vidmar". Car: Take exit Bern-Bümpliz. Parking places are available (blue zones).)
The fee must be paid in advance or by cash just after the course.
The customer’s data are kept in confidence.
To register, contact us and we will fix an appointment.
Responsible of Coaching Courses
Coaching courses are given by Corina Wirth, PhD in Neurophysiology.
- "I’m over my first working week in Switzerland. I got a job at company X as a simulation engineer, simulating gas turbines. We’ll live in city X, we get the keys next week. Thanks for all your help in this!"
- "I would like to thank you once again for consulting. It really opened my eyes about job possibilities, the qualities I should emphasize and job application procedures."
- "Ich wollte Ihnen mitteilen, dass ich eine neue Stelle gefunden habe! Ich dachte, ich teile es Ihnen kurz mit, da mir unser Gespräch im Herbst wirklich sehr viel gebracht hat!"
- "The person who gave the course is a very professional personal coach. I enjoyed her clear and easy-to-understand style of explaining things. Thank you! That was really useful."
- "Very useful and informative. I would definitely recommend it to other colleagues to attend it in the future. I am very glad to have attended this course."
- "La présentatrice est très professionnelle - elle maitrise le monde académique et de l’industrie et peut donner des conseils pertinents et adaptés. Personne dynamique, agréable et disponible."
If you have any question, do not hesitate to contact us!
Last job offers
- Mathematics - 24.11
Wissensch. Mitarbeiter/in Mathematikdidaktik (50 %)
- Psychology - 20.11
- Arts - 20.11
Vizedirektorin / Vizedirektor Lehre
- Life Sciences - 19.11
Research Scientist Antibody Discovery
- Microtechnics - 19.11
Postdoctoral Position in Energy Policy
- Mechanical Engineering - 18.11
(Micro) Mechanical design engineer
- Mechanical Engineering - 18.11
- Earth Sciences - 18.11
Doktorandin / Doktoranden in der Fachgruppe Gebirgswald, Naturgefahren und GIS