DAS ETH in Data Science
|Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ|
|Location||Zürich, Zurich region, Switzerland|
Diploma of Advanced Studies
DAS programmes aim to give greater depth or interdisciplinary breadth to an original academic qualification. They are aimed at university graduates who are working and wish to enhance their professional skills or specialise in a particular subject. They correspond to at least 30 ECTS credits and generally involve written project work or a thesis. They are organised in the form of block courses or courses on fixed days of the week and last one to two years.
Diploma of Advanced Studies
This description is only available in English.
Technology, Management & Innovation
The DAS ETH in Data Science is a one-year, part-time programme for professionals to strengthen their skills in the management, analysis and utilisation of complex data sets in courses and a final project.
The interdisciplinary programme conveys knowledge across the fields of mathematics, computer science and electrical engineering. This includes all levels of abstraction of technologies relevant to data science, from hardware and electronics, clusters and networks, through big data systems, to machine learning, algorithms and statistics. It also offers insights into political, societal, legal, ethical and privacy aspects of data science.
The participants are taught how to under- stand and use complex data management (storage, querying, infrastructures, networks etc.) and analysis techniques (machine learning, statistics etc.) in order to utilise them in a broad range of applications.
Given the rapid growth of data and the need to analyse it, there is a critical skill shortage in the area of data science. Almost all sectors, including the public sector, need data scientists. Besides technical specialists, also executive staff members need a basic understanding of data science problems and opportunities for their organisations.
To complete the programme, a total amount of 35 to 45 ECTS has to be obtained, split over a foundations course (6 to 8 ECTS), a specialisation track (at least 12 ECTS), further courses to choose from a list, and a capstone project (8 ECTS).
The DAS programme contains foundations courses, flexibility of specialisation in advanced topics and a capstone project, which provides hands-on experience.
The following specialisation tracks are currently offered:
In your contacts, please refer to myScience.ch
and reference edu.myScience.ch/id1406
Related Job Offers
- 16.06.21 - Senior Scientific Researcher (80-100%) - Rotkreuz
- 11.06.21 - Jeune Docteur en IA (machine/deep learning) pour machines spéciales H/F - Limoges
- 09.06.21 - Wissenschaftliche/r Assistent/in (80–100 %) - Olten
- 09.06.21 - Elektrotechnik- oder Informatikingenieur/in als Forschungsprojektleiter/in (80-100%) - Horw/Luzern
- 08.06.21 - Dozentin / Dozenten mit Schwerpunkt digitale Forensik und Cyber Investigation (70-100%) - Rotkreuz
- 02.06.21 - Dozent/-in für Informatik 80 - 100% - Zurich
- 01.06.21 - Assistant or associate professor in computer architectures and/or compilers - Delft
- 27.05.21 - Postdoc positions in cryptography and security, focus on protocols and blockchain - Bern
- 25.05.21 - Wissenschaftliche/r Assistent/in (50%) - Vaduz
- 08.05.21 - Scientific Researcher in Natural Language Processing (50-80%) - Zug-Rotkreuz
17 May 2021
Quantum computing: cold chips can control qubits
» More news