agronomy and food science
Today, scientists of the Institute of Bee Health of the University of Bern and the honeybee research association COLOSS have published an article in the peer-reviewed journal Scientific Reports tha
EPFL's Digital Epidemiology Lab held its first food DNA sequencing workshop last Saturday, in association with SwissDeCode and Hackuarium.
Chimpanzees have a mainly vegetarian diet, but do occasionally eat meat. Researchers at the University of Zurich have now shown for the first time that chimpanzees also eat crabs.
Corinne Boss is the new Head of Agroscope's 'Animals and Products of Animal Origin' Competence Division for Research Technology and Knowledge Transfer; in this capacity, she also becomes a Member of the Agroscope Executive Board.
PostDoc / Wissenschaftliche/-r Mitarbeiter/-in: Grundlagenerarbeitung für eine verbesserte Risikoabschätzung von Pflanzenschutzmitteln... Agroscope, 8820 Wädenswil ZH
Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeitende/ Assistierende im Bereich Bodeninformation Hochschule für Agrar-, Forst- und Lebensmitteltechnologie, Zollikofen
Leiter/in strategischer Forschungsbereich Agroscope, Posieux
PhD position in ’Modelling Phosphorus cycle in EU agricultural soils and assessing land impact and land mitigation... Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
MAS ETH Mediation in Peace Processes (MAS ETH MPP) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
CAS ETH in Räumliche Informationssysteme (CAS ETH RIS) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
MAS ETH in Applied Technology (MAS ETH AT) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Agronomy is the science and technology of using plants for food, fuel, feed, and fiber. Agronomy encompasses work in the areas of plant genetics, plant physiology, meteorology, and soil science. Agronomy is the application of a combination of sciences like biology, chemistry, ecology, earth science, and genetics. Agronomists today are involved with many issues including producing food, creating healthier food, managing environmental impact of agriculture, and creating energy from plants.Agronomists often specialize in areas such as crop rotation, irrigation and drainage, plant breeding, soil classification, soil fertility, weed control, insect and pest control.
- Agroscope belongs to the Swiss Federal Office for Agriculture (FOAG) and prepares the technical and scientific bases for an efficient, sustainable and competitive agriculture.
- The Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL Switzerland) is one of the world’s Leading information and documentation centre for organic agriculture. In the field of research, the FiBL is working to address issues of food quality, animal health, future development, agricultural policy, optimization of farming techniques and crop protection.
- School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences (HAFL) is a University of Applied Sciences who offers an academic education in agricultural, forestry and food sciences. In addition to degree programmes and further education, the Swiss College of Agriculture is active in applied research and renders services for the public and private sectors, both in Switzerland and internationaly.
- The Department of Agricultural and Food Sciences of the Swiss Federal Institut of Technology Zurich focus on the World Food System.
The University of Applied Sciences Changins focus on education and research in viticulture, oenology and arboriculture.
Last job offers
- Innovation/Technology - 17.7
Studiengangleiter*in und Dozent*in Digital Engineering (80-100%)
- Health - 17.7
Dozent/in im Bereich Medizintechnik 80 - 100%
- Environment - 17.7
Assistentin /Assistent Waldpolitik (80-100%)
- Art and Design - 17.7
Wissenschaftliche/r Assistent/in Atelier- und Werkstattbetreuung (30 %)
- Electroengineering - 17.7
Dozentin / Dozent für Mikroprozessortechnik / Embedded Systems (100%)
- Computer Science/Telecom - 17.7
Dozentin / Dozent mit Schwerpunkt Open Data in den Anwendungsgebieten Mobilität / Tourismus (80-100%)
- Chemistry - 17.7
Wissenschaftliche/r Assistent/in Anorganische Analytische Chemie (100%)
- Innovation/Technology - 16.7
Wissenschaftlicher Assistent /Wissenschaftliche Assistentin (50-80%)