- Environment - Nov 27 Switzerland’s international environmental performance review: mixed results
- Agronomy - Oct 24 Vegetables Go to School
- Agronomy - Oct 3 Higher Agricultural Income in 2016
- Administration - Aug 29 Federal Councillor Schneider- Ammann meets Georgian Vice Prime Minister
- Agronomy - Aug 29 Obese People Lack Cells with Satiety Hormones
- Agronomy - Aug 24 Tef benefits from further research funding
- Agronomy - Jul 5 Naturalness as a success factor
- Agronomy - Jun 20 Guidelines for Fertiliser Application for All Swiss Crops now Merged in One Document
agronomy and food science
EPFL scientists have discovered a novel role for bile acids: converting energy-storing white fat depots into energy-expending beige fat.
PhD candidate in plant breeding and phytopathology (100%) Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL), Frick
PhD position ’Integrating nutritional aspects in agricultural LCA’ Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Laborant/in University of Zurich
Oberassistent/In University of Zurich
PhD Candidate in permanent grassland systems Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
PhD position in the MELiSSA (Micro-Ecological Life Support System Alternative) program of the European... Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Gouvernance de l’information en organisation, protection des données University of Geneva
Gestion des risques et dangers chimiques au laboratoire EPFL, Lausanne
La profession d’avocat en 2018:Quo vadis? University of Geneva
Agronomy is the science and technology of using plants for food, fuel, feed, and fiber. Agronomy encompasses work in the areas of plant genetics, plant physiology, meteorology, and soil science. Agronomy is the application of a combination of sciences like biology, chemistry, ecology, earth science, and genetics. Agronomists today are involved with many issues including producing food, creating healthier food, managing environmental impact of agriculture, and creating energy from plants.Agronomists often specialize in areas such as crop rotation, irrigation and drainage, plant breeding, soil classification, soil fertility, weed control, insect and pest control.
- Agroscope belongs to the Swiss Federal Office for Agriculture (FOAG) and prepares the technical and scientific bases for an efficient, sustainable and competitive agriculture.
- The Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL Switzerland) is one of the world’s Leading information and documentation centre for organic agriculture. In the field of research, the FiBL is working to address issues of food quality, animal health, future development, agricultural policy, optimization of farming techniques and crop protection.
- School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences (HAFL) is a University of Applied Sciences who offers an academic education in agricultural, forestry and food sciences. In addition to degree programmes and further education, the Swiss College of Agriculture is active in applied research and renders services for the public and private sectors, both in Switzerland and internationaly.
- The Department of Agricultural and Food Sciences of the Swiss Federal Institut of Technology Zurich focus on the World Food System.
The University of Applied Sciences Changins focus on education and research in viticulture, oenology and arboriculture.
Last job offers
- Business/Economics - 20.2
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 20.2
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in als Data Scientist für intelligente Gebäude (80-100%)
- Environment - 20.2
Leiter/in Schutzgebiets-, Gebirgs- und Landschaftsforschung (80-100%)
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 20.2
Dozent/in für Unterrichtsentwicklung