Scientists at EPFL and the University of Geneva have combined two powerful, cutting-edge techniques to uncover the physics behind an exotic phase transition that turns a metal into an insulator.
Organic waste - whether from households, agriculture or agroforestry - can be used as energy resource, but is often underexploited. A team of EPFL scientists has developed a methodology to better incorporate this resource into existing power grids and gas distribution systems, depending on local availability and demand.
Leiterin, Leiter Elektro-Werkstatt (100%) Hochschule Luzern, Horw/Luzern
Post-Doctoral Researcher in Image-based Machine Learning (60 -100%) Lucerne University of Applied Sciences
Research Associate Digital Energy Systems 80 - 100% Lucerne University of Applied Sciences
The development of microtechnology in Switzerland was a result of the economic crisis in the watch industry. Beside the classical watch micromechanics, new technologies like electronics, optics, computer technology and microsystems were used in watch construction. Today, microtechnology is one of the key technologies of the 21st century and one of the key sectors in Switzerland’s economy.
- Institute of microtechnology IMT in Neuchâtel.
- CSEM, Swiss Center for Electronics and Microtechnology in Neuchâtel.
- Haute Ecole d’Ingénierie et de Gestion du Canton de Vaud.
- Department of Engineering and Information Technology of the University of Applied Sciences Bern.
Associations and foundations
- The Swiss foundation for research in microtechnolgy fsmr is aiming at promoting microtechnology and its applications. The association provides information, training courses, and consulting in microtechnology.
- Swissmem unites the Swiss engineering, electrical and metal industry and associated technology-oriented sectors.
- Micronarc, is a communication platform created by the governments of the seven cantons that constitute Western Switzerland (Berne, Fribourg, Geneva, Jura, Neuchâtel, Valais and Vaud).
Other associations: here
Partial list of Swiss companies with activities in micro- and nanotechnologies
|· Art of Technology, Zurich
· Colibrys, Neuchâtel
· Contraves Space, Zurich
· Contrinex, Givisiez
· Debiotech, Lausanne
· Dyconex, Bassersdorf
· Dynatron Concept, Adliswil
· EM Microelectronic, Marin
· Fisba Optik, St. Gallen
· Helbling Gruppe, Zurich
· Leica Geosystems, Heerbrugg
· Leister Process Technologies, Sarnen
· LEM, Plan-les-Ouates
· Logitech, Romanel sur Morges
· Microbonding, Noiraigue
· Microcid, Cortaillod
· Micro Crystal Div of ETA, Grenchen
· Miromico, Zurich
· Nanosurf, Liestal
· Nanoworld, Neuchâtel
· Sensirion, Stäfa
· SwissOptic, Heerbrugg
· Sylvac, Crissier
· Valtronic, Les Charbonnières
· Weidmann Plastics Technology, Rapperswil
· Zühlke Engineering, Schlieren
Last job offers
- Research Management - 16.4
- Economics/Business - 15.4
Studiengangleiter/in und Dozent/in für Prozess-, Supply Chain Management (80-100%)
- Architecture - 15.4
Professor of Architecture and Care
- Architecture - 15.4
Professors of Architecture and Design
- Computer Science - 14.4
Leiter/-in Centre for Artificial Intelligence (Professorenstelle 80-100 %)
- Electroengineering - 14.4
Leiterin, Leiter Elektro-Werkstatt (100%)
- Social Sciences - 14.4
Programm-Manager/in und Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in (60%)
- Environment - 13.4
Faculty Position in Sustainable Urban Systems and Climate Mitigation Strategies