unemployed - what to do?
- If you are unemployed or if your working contract will expire soon, you have first to contact the community. Afterwards you will have to register with the Regional Placement Centre RAV (Regionales Arbeitsvermittlungsamt RAV or Office régional de placement ORP) and finally with the unemployment insurance fund. As a first step, contact the municipal administration of your community of residence, they will tell you how to find the Placement Centre and help to do the right steps. (The procedure differs from canton to canton.)
- It is important to register as soon as possible i.e. as soon as you know that you will be without work, at the latest on the first day for which you are claiming unemployment benefit. The RAV will invite you to an initial discussion.
- Our unemployment insurance section contains information about how the Unemployment Insurance works and when you are entitled to unemployment benefit.
- Find information about the application procedure in Switzerland and some tipps for researchers how to apply.
- Find jobs in research and science at jobs.myScience.ch.
- Register for a coaching especially designed for researchers.
- We revise your cover letter and your cv.
- Continuing education for academics: www.continuing-education.ch
Last job offers
- Law/Forensics - 23.5
Advisor / National Contact Point (NCP) for Legal & Finance (80%-100%)
- Life Sciences - 22.5
PostDoc in Molecular Biology and Protein Biochemistry (50–100 %)
- Law/Forensics - 21.5
Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiter (m/w/d)
- Electroengineering - 21.5
Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin / Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter
- Business/Economics - 22.5
Candidat-e au doctorat
- Environment - 22.5
Doctoral position in the area of Polymer Science
- Innovation/Technology - 22.5
Postdoc / Scientific Collaborator in Future Impact of Digitalization on Mobility (80-100%)
- Materials Science - 22.5
PhD Candidate in computational fracture modeling of cellulose-based gradient materials