You have found a job in Switzerland, you are seriously thinking to move in, and then you want to evaluate the life quality. Have a look to the following list you may find it helpful!
- Life costs in Switzerland are high, at least if you compare them to neighbouring countries. For instance: the AC Nielsen Euro-Barometer study of 2005 point out that fill the same shopping bag in Switzerland costs 26% and 63% more than in French and in Spain, respectively.
- Salaries in Switzerland are high also, and, in general they allow you to comfortably face life costs.
- One of the major bank, the UBS, publishes a triennial study untitled « Prices and salaries » aiming to compare the purchasing power in different countries.
- Curiosity: in 2015 in Switzerland you should work 5 minutes to buy 1 kg of bread, while the global average is 19 minutes.
- The most important tows (from economic point of views), i.e., Zurich, Geneva and Basel, are at the top of many global classifications for the life quality having high purchasing power, average education level, security etc.
- If you should negotiate salary, have a look to our page devoted to wages.
For more detailed information about costs of life check our summary and/or the Web-pages of the Swiss federal office of statistics.
Last job offers
- Business/Economics - 19.4
Dozent/in Business Communication 80-100%
- Media - 19.4
Digital Communication Manager/in 40-60%
- Computer Science/Telecom - 17.4
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in Data Science (60-100%)
- Health - 17.4
Professeur-e HES associé-e « Spécialisation en santé mentale et psychiatrie »
- Philosophy - 18.4
- Administration - 18.4
Studierende als Aufsichten im Selbstlernzentrum
- Pedagogy - 18.4
- Careers/Employment - 18.4
Stellvertreter/in für den Fachstellenleiter „Security und Verkehrswesen“