Switzerland is a parliamentary federal state of 23 cantons since 1848.
- Area : 41,293 sq km. The Alps cover 60% of Switzerland’s surface area.
- Highest Peak: Dufourspitze: 4,634 m
- Largest Glacier : Aletsch 117 sq km
Largest Cities and Agglomerations
Population in thousands in 2014
City Population in Agglomeration (city center) Zurich 1’315 (391) Geneva 570 (195) Basel 537 (169) Bern 407 (130) Lausanne 403 (134) Source: OFS
Switzerland has an old tradition in science, and it is among leading countries in scientific research. Switzerland is especially strong in chemistry and biotechnology, and appears regularly in good positions in research rankings (see www.universityrankings.ch) and numerous Swiss scientists have received the Nobel prizes in all scientific disciplines.
- The Swiss universities.
- The universities of applied sciences
- A list of important institutions and links related to science and research.
Switzerland’s economy is based on a highly qualified labour force performing highly skilled work. The main areas include microtechnology, hitech, biotechnology and pharmaceuticals, as well as banking and insurance know-how. The service sector now employs the greatest number of people.
Most of the people working in Switzerland are employed by small and medium-sized enterprises (SME), which play an extremely important role in the Swiss economy.
- Promotion of Swiss Tourism: mySwitzerland.com
- Facts about Switzerland: swissworld.org
- Swiss news in English: Swisster
- Switzerland on Wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switzerland
Last job offers
- Business/Economics - 19.4
Dozent/in Business Communication 80-100%
- Media - 19.4
Digital Communication Manager/in 40-60%
- Computer Science/Telecom - 17.4
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in Data Science (60-100%)
- Health - 17.4
Professeur-e HES associé-e « Spécialisation en santé mentale et psychiatrie »
- Life Sciences - 20.4
Mass Spectrometry / Proteomics Expert (100%)
- Philosophy - 18.4
- Administration - 18.4
Studierende als Aufsichten im Selbstlernzentrum
- Pedagogy - 18.4