working in switzerland
- Usual working time in Switzerland: 42 hours per week.
- Holidays: At least 4 weeks per year.
- The following days are general holidays: 1st and 2nd of January, Good Friday, Easter, Easter Monday, Pentecost Monday, 1st of August, 25th and 26th of December. Most of the cantons have some additional holidays.
- It depends on your contract if overtime is disbursed or can be compensated.
- Look at our salary section which salary you can expect.
- The following information must be written in your work contract: salary, weekly working time, holidays, organisation of overtime.
Get information about work- and residence permits for
- The State Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO provides information about your rights and your duties if you are working in Switzerland (only in German, French and Italian).
- Swiss Labour Law (only in German, French and Italian).
- Your rights if you are pregnant (only in German and French).
- Unia, Switzerland’s inter-professional trade union.
- networking-for-jobs is a platform helping Swiss expats and third country citizens with a higher education finding a job in Switzerland.
- Travailler-en-Suisse.ch provides information about working in Switzerland (French only).
- www.aufenthalter.ch, www.grenzinfo.de: Several webpages with information about working in Switzerland. Addresses mainly to Germans and border crossers living in Germany (German only).
- If you need to know how and where to apply in Switzerland, our coaching or application hotline may help.
- jobs.myScience.ch, the job portal for scientists, researchers and academics in Switzerland
Last job offers
- Continuing Education - 23.9
wissenschaftliche/n Mitarbeiter/in (80-100%) Educational Development Unit in Distance Learning (EDUDL+)
- Business/Economics - 20.9
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter / Doktorand, (m/w)
- Computer Science/Telecom - 20.9
2 Collaboratrices / Collaborateurs scientifique eHealth Suisse
- Administration - 20.9
2 Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterinnen / Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiter eHealth Suisse
- Computer Science/Telecom - 19.9
Faculty Positions in Computer and Communication Sciences
- Health - 19.9
Professeur-e HES Assistant-e (PAPTC) dans le domaine des sciences humaines et méthodologie de la recherche
- Health - 19.9
Chargé-e-s de cours HES - Réadaptation et réhabilitation
- Pharmacology - 20.9
Clinical Demand and Supply Leader (80% - 100%)