The German research icebreaker Polarstern has been drifting through the frozen waters of the Arctic Ocean since September last year.
Scientists at EPFL have developed an artificial protein that can keep the CRISPR genome-editing tool on its tracks.
At the Paul Scherrer Institute PSI, researchers have gained insights into a promising material for organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs).
Naturally occurring (geogenic) arsenic contamination in groundwater is a problem of global significance, with noteworthy occurrences in large parts of the alluvial and deltaic aquifers in South and Southeast Asia.
Technical-scientific project manager hydrochemistry (m/f) 100% Nagra, Wettingen
Chemistry is one of Switzerland’s model industries. The excellent education and the high level of cooperation between the private sector, academic institutions, investors and authorities attracts researchers and companies from all over the world.
Web Portals in Chemistry
- Swiss Portal to organic chemistry:Find everything about organic chemistry at organische-chemie.ch
- The Organic Chemistry Portal offers an overview of recent topics, interesting reactions, and information on the most important chemicals.
- Find information about organic synthesis on the german webpage internetchemie (also in english).
Societies and Organisations
- The Swiss Chemical Society represents chemistry in the broadest sense in Switzerland and in international organizations.
- SGCI Chemie Pharma Schweiz is the umbrella organisation of the chemical and pharmaceutical industry across the whole of Switzerland. Its 180 member companies are active mainly in the research, development, production or sale of pharmaceutical specialities, vitamins, industrial speciality chemicals, plant protection products as well as aromas and fragrances.
Conferences and News
- Find worldwide conferences, exhibitions and trade fairs about chemistry at Chemistry-Conference.
- The online magazine Analytic News provides news and information for analytic laboratories.
2011: International Year of Chemistry
The International Year of Chemistry 2011 ( IYC 2011) was a worldwide celebration of the achievements of chemistry and its contributions to the well-being of humankind. It is an initiative of IUPAC , the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry, and of UNESCO , the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. It involves chemical societies, academies, and institutions worldwide, and relies on individual initiatives to organize local and regional activities. Switzerland’s labs were participating offering a range of interactive, entertaining, and educational activities for all ages.
Last job offers
- Law - 27.5
Doctorant-e-s en droit
- Law - 27.5
Post-doctorant-e en sociologie du droit
- Social Sciences - 26.5
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in im Schwerpunkt Beratung (60–80 %)
- Computer Science - 26.5
Dozentin / Dozenten für Mobile Engineering mit einem Pensum von 25% bis 60%
- Social Sciences - 25.5
Professeur-e HES associé-e dans le domaine du handicap et de l’inclusion (80%)
- Mathematics - 25.5
Full, Associate or Assistant professor (tenure track) joint position (professeur-e ordinaire, associé-e ou assitant-e avec...
- Mathematics - 25.5
1 position of Full, Associate or Assistant (tenure track) Professor and 1 position of Assistant Professor (tenure track)
- Economics/Business - 24.5
Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin / Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter im Bereich Digital Accounting / Controlling (70-85%)