- Medicine - Jun 2 New Novartis data presented at ASCO find nearly half of CML patients treated with Tasigna remain in remission almost three years after stopping therapy
- Life Sciences - May 22 Designer cells: artificial enzyme can activate a gene switch
- Physics - May 18 A day as a young scientist
- Chemistry - Apr 9 The fight for clean emissions continues
- Chemistry - Mar 15 Removing heavy metals from water
- Physics - Feb 15 Profitable for both sides
- Physics - Jan 22 Optical Nanoscope Allows Imaging of Quantum Dots
- Physics - Jan 18 Looking beyond the horizon
EPFL scientists have found a fast and simple way to make super-elastic, multi-material, high-performance fibers.
Research should set things in motion. This is the motto of Matthias Koebel, Head of Empa's Building Energy Materials and Components lab.
Doktorandin / Doktoranden Aromaforschung Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften ZHAW, Winterthur
Assistant Professor in Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry University of Geneva
Doktorierende/n für das Forschungsprojekt ’Kognitiv aktivierende Lernformen im Chemieunterricht... Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Two PhD Positions in Mass Spectrometry Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
PhD Candidates on ’Molecular dynamics investigation of polymeric materials and their hygro-mechanical... Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
PhD Candidate to study protein self-assembly in biology and biomaterials Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
DAS ETH Cyber Security Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
DAS ETH in Verkehrsin-genieurwesen (DAS ETH VI) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
CAS ETH in Räumliche Informationssysteme (CAS ETH RIS) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Chemistry is one of Switzerland’s model industries. The excellent education and the high level of cooperation between the private sector, academic institutions, investors and authorities attracts researchers and companies from all over the world.
Web Portals in Chemistry
- Swiss Portal to organic chemistry:Find everything about organic chemistry at organische-chemie.ch
- The Organic Chemistry Portal offers an overview of recent topics, interesting reactions, and information on the most important chemicals.
- Find information about organic synthesis on the german webpage internetchemie (also in english).
Societies and Organisations
- The Swiss Chemical Society represents chemistry in the broadest sense in Switzerland and in international organizations.
- SGCI Chemie Pharma Schweiz is the umbrella organisation of the chemical and pharmaceutical industry across the whole of Switzerland. Its 180 member companies are active mainly in the research, development, production or sale of pharmaceutical specialities, vitamins, industrial speciality chemicals, plant protection products as well as aromas and fragrances.
Conferences and News
- Find worldwide conferences, exhibitions and trade fairs about chemistry at Chemistry-Conference.
- The online magazine Analytic News provides news and information for analytic laboratories.
2011: International Year of Chemistry
The International Year of Chemistry 2011 ( IYC 2011) was a worldwide celebration of the achievements of chemistry and its contributions to the well-being of humankind. It is an initiative of IUPAC , the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry, and of UNESCO , the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. It involves chemical societies, academies, and institutions worldwide, and relies on individual initiatives to organize local and regional activities. Switzerland’s labs were participating offering a range of interactive, entertaining, and educational activities for all ages.