- Physics - Feb 15 Profitable for both sides
- Physics - Jan 22 Optical Nanoscope Allows Imaging of Quantum Dots
- Physics - Jan 18 Looking beyond the horizon
- Medicine - Dec 22 Novartis drug Tasigna is approved by FDA as first and only CML therapy with Treatment- free Remission data in its label
- Physics - Dec 4 Five ETH projects funded
- Chemistry - Nov 30 Fabian Wahl to Take Charge of ’Food Microbial Systems’ Research Division
- Physics - Nov 29 A transistor of graphene nanoribbons
- Chemistry - Nov 29 The key to chemical transformations
The vital ozone layer has continued to deplete in recent years over the densely populated mid-latitudes and tropics, while it is recovering at the poles.
A type of quantum dot that has been intensively studied in recent years can reproduce light in every colour and is very bright.
Assistant Professor for Biochemistry with Tenure Track to a position of Full Prof. (Extraordinariat) University of Bern
PhD in two-dimensional materials and membrane separation EPFL, Sion
FULL, ASSOCIATE or ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (tenure track) position in Computational Pharmaceutical Chemistry... Université de Genève
Professor of Physical Chemistry and Head of the Laboratory for Electrochemistry at PSI EPFL, Lausanne and Villigen
PhD in structural biology of membrane proteins University of Basel
PhD in ADP-ribosylation biology University of Zurich
Gouvernance de l’information en organisation, protection des données University of Geneva
Gestion des risques et dangers chimiques au laboratoire EPFL, Lausanne
La profession d’avocat en 2018:Quo vadis? University of Geneva
Chemistry is one of Switzerland’s model industries. The excellent education and the high level of cooperation between the private sector, academic institutions, investors and authorities attracts researchers and companies from all over the world.
Web Portals in Chemistry
- Swiss Portal to organic chemistry:Find everything about organic chemistry at organische-chemie.ch
- The Organic Chemistry Portal offers an overview of recent topics, interesting reactions, and information on the most important chemicals.
- Find information about organic synthesis on the german webpage internetchemie (also in english).
Societies and Organisations
- The Swiss Chemical Society represents chemistry in the broadest sense in Switzerland and in international organizations.
- SGCI Chemie Pharma Schweiz is the umbrella organisation of the chemical and pharmaceutical industry across the whole of Switzerland. Its 180 member companies are active mainly in the research, development, production or sale of pharmaceutical specialities, vitamins, industrial speciality chemicals, plant protection products as well as aromas and fragrances.
Conferences and News
- Find worldwide conferences, exhibitions and trade fairs about chemistry at Chemistry-Conference.
- The online magazine Analytic News provides news and information for analytic laboratories.
2011: International Year of Chemistry
The International Year of Chemistry 2011 ( IYC 2011) was a worldwide celebration of the achievements of chemistry and its contributions to the well-being of humankind. It is an initiative of IUPAC , the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry, and of UNESCO , the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. It involves chemical societies, academies, and institutions worldwide, and relies on individual initiatives to organize local and regional activities. Switzerland’s labs were participating offering a range of interactive, entertaining, and educational activities for all ages.
Last job offers
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 24.2
Wissenschaftliche/r Assistierende/r Pharmazeutische Technologie (80 %)
- Business/Economics - 23.2
Wissenschaftliche(r) Assistent(in) / Doktorand(in)
- Earth Sciences - 22.2
Remote Sensing Scientist – Oceanography (Copernicus) (VN18 12)
- Physics/Materials Science - 22.2
Remote Sensing Scientist for Hyperspectral Infrared Level 1 Processing (VN18 09)