- Physics - Nov 16 The stacked colour sensor
- Astronomy - Oct 17 Researchers defy the limits of streaming
- Medicine - Oct 5 CrowdAI: the open, data- science challenge platform
- Law - Sep 28 Big data conquers legal analysis
- Computer Science - Sep 25 Antarctica: the wind sublimates snowflakes
- Computer Science - Sep 20 Drones can almost see in the dark
- Physics - Sep 7 High- speed Quantum Memory for Photons
- Business - Aug 29 The creative data interpreters
A new miniature robot developed by EPFL researchers can swim with fish, learn how they communicate with each other and make them change direction or come together.
Einstieg für Naturwissenschaftler / Biologen in die IT-Consulting Welt PTA Unternehmensberatung, Zürich
Research Assistant - PhD Student in Computer Science (Data Visualization) University of Zurich
PhD in Remote Sensing of Surface Water Quality University of Zurich
Mobile Software Engineer Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Post-Doctoral Fellow in Computing & Data Science Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
PhD Candidate in Computing & Data Science Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Switzerland has been one of the leading countries in computer applications for a long time. Niklaus Wirth, one of the most brillant scientists of the early computer age and designer of several computer languages like Pascal, Modula or Oberon, is Swiss and has influenced remarkably the development of computer science in Switzerland. Nowadays, many IT applications are an important part of Switzerland’s key industries (e.g. banks, insurances, telecommunication, power systems, chemistry, watches, transportation, tourism etc.).
Research in Computer Science
The Swiss National Supercomputing Centre CSCS develops and promotes technical and scientific services for the Swiss research community in the fields of high-performance computing.
The Istituto Dalle Molle di Studi sull’Intelligenza Artificiale IDSIA is a research institute for artificial intelligence, affiliated with both the Faculty of Informatics of the University of Lugano and the Department of Innovative Technologies of SUPSI, the University of Applied Sciences of Southern Switzerland.
European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics ERCIM aims to foster collaborative work within the European research community and development in the fields of computer science and applied mathematics. Furthermore the consortium is committed to increase the cooperation with European industry. It is based on fourteen leading European research establishments from different European countries.
Computer Science at Universities
Institut d’ingénierie informatique et des télécommunications of the University of Applied Sciences in Geneva.
Department of Engineering and Information Technology of the University of Applied Sciences Bern.
Faculty of Informatics of the University of Lugano.
Department of Innovative Technologies of SUPSI.
School of engineering and architecture of the University of Applied Sciences of Lucerne.
- Sarit, the Swiss Association for Research in Information Technology, supports the scientific network between computer science departments at universities and industry labs. Their webpage provides access to all Swiss IT departments and IT research units in industry as well as to international organizations. Sarit also organises different events in the IT domain.
- ICT switzerland is the umbrella organisation of the most important Swiss associations and organisations in the IT and telecommunication sector. They are aiming at promoting information techonolgy and the business location Switzerland.
- The Swiss Informatics Societe IS (Schweizer Informatik Gesellschaft/Société suisse d’informatique) is the Swiss community of interest for all people interested in computer science.
- The International Federation of Information Processing IFIP is a multinational, apolitical organization in information and communications technologies and sciences. It represents IT Societies from 56 countries or regions and links more than 3500 scientists from Academia and Industry.
- IBM Research Zurich
- Disney Research Zurich
Last job offers
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 16.11
Professeur-e ordinaire ou associé-e, médecin-chef-fe du service de médecine interne de réhabilitation...
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 14.11
Wissensch. Mitarbeiter/in (50 %) Berufspraktische Studien Sekundarstufe II
- Earth Sciences - 14.11
Projektleiter/in für Sicherheitsanalysen von geologischen Tiefenlagern 80 – 100%
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 17.11
Full Professor in Orthopaedic Surgery