Behavioral scientists at EPFL have developed a virtual reality test that assesses a person's vulnerability to stress while exploring immersive environments. The resulting model offers the field of stress research one of the first such tools that does not rely on subjective evaluations.
In order for robots to be able to achieve more than simple automated machines in the future, they must not only have their own "brain". Empa researchers postulate that artificial intelligence must be expanded to include the capabilities of a Physical Artificial Intelligence, PAI. This will redefine the field of robotics and the relationship between man and machine.
Database systems are under pressure to become more and more powerful. But reliability seems to be suffering as a result. Now, ETH computer scientists have developed a tool to automatically detect logic errors in database systems using three different methods. They found and reported over 450 unique, previously unknown bugs.
A team of researchers from ETH Zurich has used simulations on the CSCS supercomputer "Piz Daint" to investigate how ageing mechanisms of soot particles in the atmosphere affect cloud formation. The results show that the influence of ozone and sulfuric acid on soot ageing alters cloud formation and, ultimately, the climate.
Front-End Entwickler/-in (80-100%) Bern University Hospital, Inselspital
(Senior) Research Associate / Post Doc AR/VR Hochschule Luzern, Zug-Rotkreuz
Professor/in für Digitale Biomarker (80–100 %) Fachbereich Medizininformatik mit starkem Bezug zur Medizintechnik Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz FHNW, Muttenz
Vizedirektor*in Ausbildung 80-100% Hochschule Luzern - Informatik
Senior Fullstack Developer (80-100%) Bern University Hospital, Inselspital
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in oder Assistent/in Information Security und Privacy 60-100% Hochschule Luzern - Informatik
Switzerland has been one of the leading countries in computer applications for a long time. Niklaus Wirth, one of the most brillant scientists of the early computer age and designer of several computer languages like Pascal, Modula or Oberon, is Swiss and has influenced remarkably the development of computer science in Switzerland. Nowadays, many IT applications are an important part of Switzerland’s key industries (e.g. banks, insurances, telecommunication, power systems, chemistry, watches, transportation, tourism etc.).
Research in Computer Science
The Swiss National Supercomputing Centre CSCS develops and promotes technical and scientific services for the Swiss research community in the fields of high-performance computing.
The Istituto Dalle Molle di Studi sull’Intelligenza Artificiale IDSIA is a research institute for artificial intelligence, affiliated with both the Faculty of Informatics of the University of Lugano and the Department of Innovative Technologies of SUPSI, the University of Applied Sciences of Southern Switzerland.
European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics ERCIM aims to foster collaborative work within the European research community and development in the fields of computer science and applied mathematics. Furthermore the consortium is committed to increase the cooperation with European industry. It is based on fourteen leading European research establishments from different European countries.
Computer Science at Universities
Institut d’ingénierie informatique et des télécommunications of the University of Applied Sciences in Geneva.
Department of Engineering and Information Technology of the University of Applied Sciences Bern.
Faculty of Informatics of the University of Lugano.
Department of Innovative Technologies of SUPSI.
School of engineering and architecture of the University of Applied Sciences of Lucerne.
- Sarit, the Swiss Association for Research in Information Technology, supports the scientific network between computer science departments at universities and industry labs. Their webpage provides access to all Swiss IT departments and IT research units in industry as well as to international organizations. Sarit also organises different events in the IT domain.
- ICT switzerland is the umbrella organisation of the most important Swiss associations and organisations in the IT and telecommunication sector. They are aiming at promoting information techonolgy and the business location Switzerland.
- The Swiss Informatics Societe IS (Schweizer Informatik Gesellschaft/Société suisse d’informatique) is the Swiss community of interest for all people interested in computer science.
- The International Federation of Information Processing IFIP is a multinational, apolitical organization in information and communications technologies and sciences. It represents IT Societies from 56 countries or regions and links more than 3500 scientists from Academia and Industry.
- IBM Research Zurich
- Disney Research Zurich
Last job offers
- Agronomy/Food Science - 26.11
Promotionsstelle in Agrarwissenschaften - Identifikation von Sorteneigenschaften zur Erhöhung der Weidetoleranz von Lolium perenne Sorten
- Agronomy/Food Science - 26.11
Promotionsstelle in Agrarwissenschaften - Arbeitsschwerpunkt Modellierung des Graswachstums
- Mathematics - 23.11
Un-e chargé-e de cours HES en Mathématiques / Statistiques à 40%
- Computer Science - 20.11
Front-End Entwickler/-in (80-100%)
- Pharmacology - 20.11
Pharmacien ou chimiste (h/f)
- Social Sciences - 19.11
Wissenschaftliche*r Mitarbeiter*in – Postdoc (70−80 %)
- Continuing Education - 18.11
Verantwortliche*r Geschäfte Weiterbildung (80-100%)
- Psychology - 18.11
Wissenschaftliche*r Mitarbeiter*in (70−80 %)