EPFL researchers have developed a compact and efficient medium-frequency transformer. Their device is poised to enhance the flexibility and efficiency of tomorrow's smart grids and DC power distribution networks.
Empa is expanding its Coating Competence Center (CCC) thanks to a new partnership in the field of printed electronics with US-based equipment manufacturer Optomec.
By studying the effects of Basel's electricity levy, researchers at the University of Lucerne investigated how tax incentives work in practice and how their impact on energy consumption could be increased.
EPFL researchers have developed a transistor based on excitons - a type of particle most people have not heard of - that is able to function at room temperature.
PhD candidate (100%) for modelling, optimising, and designing advanced pulse generators for future accelerator systems Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Postdoctoral Researcher in High Voltage Gas Circuit Breakers Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
PhD Candidate or Postdoctoral Researcher (100%) in Quantum Hybrid Systems Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
PhD candidate (100%) for developing, modelling and optimising highly integrated, modular drive inverter concepts Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Ph.D. candidate (100%) for modelling and optimising advanced magnetic devices for future railway / traction systems Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Sciences cognitives et conscience EPFL, Lausanne
Gestion des risques et dangers chimiques au laboratoire EPFL, Lausanne
Essentials of Bayesian networks in forensic science EPFL, Lausanne
Sciences cognitives et inconscient EPFL, Lausanne
The development of microtechnology in Switzerland was a result of the economic crisis in the watch industry. Beside the classical watch micromechanics, new technologies like electronics, optics, computer technology and microsystems were used in watch construction. Today, microtechnology is one of the key technologies of the 21st century and one of the key sectors in Switzerland’s economy.
- Institute of microtechnology IMT in Neuchâtel.
- CSEM, Swiss Center for Electronics and Microtechnology in Neuchâtel.
- Haute Ecole d’Ingénierie et de Gestion du Canton de Vaud.
- Department of Engineering and Information Technology of the University of Applied Sciences Bern.
Associations and foundations
- The Swiss foundation for research in microtechnolgy fsmr is aiming at promoting microtechnology and its applications. The association provides information, training courses, and consulting in microtechnology.
- Swissmem unites the Swiss engineering, electrical and metal industry and associated technology-oriented sectors.
- Micronarc, is a communication platform created by the governments of the seven cantons that constitute Western Switzerland (Berne, Fribourg, Geneva, Jura, Neuchâtel, Valais and Vaud).
Other associations: here
Partial list of Swiss companies with activities in micro- and nanotechnologies
|· Art of Technology, Zurich
· Colibrys, Neuchâtel
· Contraves Space, Zurich
· Contrinex, Givisiez
· Debiotech, Lausanne
· Dyconex, Bassersdorf
· Dynatron Concept, Adliswil
· EM Microelectronic, Marin
· Fisba Optik, St. Gallen
· Helbling Gruppe, Zurich
· Leica Geosystems, Heerbrugg
· Leister Process Technologies, Sarnen
· LEM, Plan-les-Ouates
· Logitech, Romanel sur Morges
· Microbonding, Noiraigue
· Microcid, Cortaillod
· Micro Crystal Div of ETA, Grenchen
· Miromico, Zurich
· Nanosurf, Liestal
· Nanoworld, Neuchâtel
· Sensirion, Stäfa
· SwissOptic, Heerbrugg
· Sylvac, Crissier
· Valtronic, Les Charbonnières
· Weidmann Plastics Technology, Rapperswil
· Zühlke Engineering, Schlieren
Last job offers
- Business/Economics - 19.4
Dozent/in Business Communication 80-100%
- Media - 19.4
Digital Communication Manager/in 40-60%
- Computer Science/Telecom - 17.4
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in Data Science (60-100%)
- Health - 17.4
Professeur-e HES associé-e « Spécialisation en santé mentale et psychiatrie »