- Innovation - Apr 12 Europe’s urban mine
- Microtechnics - Apr 12 Europe as urban mine
- Computer Science - Mar 22 Robotic collaboration in timber construction
- Life Sciences - Mar 9 Nominations of EPFL professors
- Microtechnics - Mar 2 Team set to compete in the Hyperloop
- Microtechnics - Feb 23 Meet Tribot, the Swiss Army knife of robots for rescue missions
- Microtechnics - Dec 12 Europe as urban mine
Researchers from ETH Zurich are using a new method for digital timber construction in a real-world project for the first time.
A team from EPFL and NCCR Marvel has identified more than 1,000 materials with a particularly interesting 2D structure.
Research Scientist Behavior Generation Honda Research Institute Europe, Offenbach am Main
Research Scientist Machine Learning + Knowledge Representation Honda Research Institute Europe, Offenbach am Main
Engineer for commissioning a modular power electronic converter system including control (100% / temporary... Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Electronics Engineer at CERN (limited duration) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
STI PhD in Multi-Modal Aerial Robots EPFL, Lausanne
The development of microtechnology in Switzerland was a result of the economic crisis in the watch industry. Beside the classical watch micromechanics, new technologies like electronics, optics, computer technology and microsystems were used in watch construction. Today, microtechnology is one of the key technologies of the 21st century and one of the key sectors in Switzerland’s economy.
- Institute of microtechnology IMT in Neuchâtel.
- CSEM, Swiss Center for Electronics and Microtechnology in Neuchâtel.
- Haute Ecole d’Ingénierie et de Gestion du Canton de Vaud.
- Department of Engineering and Information Technology of the University of Applied Sciences Bern.
Associations and foundations
- The Swiss foundation for research in microtechnolgy fsmr is aiming at promoting microtechnology and its applications. The association provides information, training courses, and consulting in microtechnology.
- The Swiss Society for Microtechnology represents microtechnology in Switzerland.
- Swissmem unites the Swiss engineering, electrical and metal industry and associated technology-oriented sectors.
- Micronarc, is a communication platform created by the governments of the seven cantons that constitute Western Switzerland (Berne, Fribourg, Geneva, Jura, Neuchâtel, Valais and Vaud).
Other associations: here
Partial list of Swiss companies with activities in micro- and nanotechnologies
|· Art of Technology, Zurich
· Colibrys, Neuchâtel
· Contraves Space, Zurich
· Contrinex, Givisiez
· Debiotech, Lausanne
· Dyconex, Bassersdorf
· Dynatron Concept, Adliswil
· EM Microelectronic, Marin
· Fisba Optik, St. Gallen
· Helbling Gruppe, Zurich
· Leica Geosystems, Heerbrugg
· Leister Process Technologies, Sarnen
· LEM, Plan-les-Ouates
· Logitech, Romanel sur Morges
· Microbonding, Noiraigue
· Microcid, Cortaillod
· Micro Crystal Div of ETA, Grenchen
· Miromico, Zurich
· Nanosurf, Liestal
· Nanoworld, Neuchâtel
· Sensirion, Stäfa
· SwissOptic, Heerbrugg
· Sylvac, Crissier
· Valtronic, Les Charbonnières
· Weidmann Plastics Technology, Rapperswil
· Zühlke Engineering, Schlieren
Last job offers
- Computer Science/Telecom - 24.5
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in (100 %)
- Administration/Government - 23.5
Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin / Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter Biozide
- Environment - 23.5
Faculty Position in Computational Environmental Sciences and Engineering
- Environment - 23.5
Faculty Position in Hydraulic Infrastructures and Water Systems