Postdoctoral Position in Information Management/Marketing (Scientific Director)
Management, Technology and Economics
|Published||15 May 2017|
|Workplace||Zurich, Zurich region, Switzerland|
|Category||Computer Science / Telecom|
Business / Economics
|Position||Senior Researcher / Postdoc|
|Workload||80% - 100%|
|Start||At your earliest convenience|
The Chairs of Information Management and Technology Marketing, Department Management, Technology and Economics at ETH Zurich, led by Prof. Dr. Elgar Fleisch and Prof. Dr. Florian v. Wangenheim, are looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher to join the group as a Scientific Director of Mobiliar Lab for Analytics.
Mobiliar Lab for Analytics was formed in 2013, as a joined collaboration between ETH and the oldest Swiss insurance company, Die Mobiliar. The focus of the lab is in exploring the potential of advanced analytics with a goal of bringing value to both, Die Mobiliar and Swiss society. Examples of ongoing research projects include topics such as crime prediction, firm growth prediction, and customer behavior analysis, with a focus on utilizing novel and unconventional data sources to improve or simplify existing solutions.
Mobiliar Lab for analytics currently counts five doctoral students working on the above listed topics.
The main roles of the Scientific Director would include:
• Serving as a bridge between research and business, with support of the Business Lab Manager, Dr. Gundula Heinatz;
• Conducting research in the above listed and new projects; and
• Leading the team and supporting the doctoral students in pursuing their degree.
• Do you approach complex research questions with enthusiasm and creativity?
• Do you find joy in wrangling data from various structured and unstructured sources? Are you eager to extend your knowledge by conducting transdisciplinary research?
• Do you have a doctoral degree in a relevant discipline, such as marketing, management of IS, applied psychology, applied statistics?
• Have you started and are you interested in publishing your research in relevant field journals?
The opportunity to pursue an academic career in one of Europe’s leading Universities, with a close link between the academic and corporate field.
To apply to this position, please create a profile on LIONSTEP. Upload your CV, publication list, and application letter.
|Phone||0041 (0)44 632 77 31|
In your application, please refer to myScience.ch
and reference JobID 36378.
- Business - 19.5
Wissenschaftliche/n Mitarbeiter/in (80 %) Fachgebiet Internationales Tourismusmanagement
- Business - 17.5
Wissensch. Mitarbeiter/in Empirische Wirtschafts- und Sozialforschung
- Computer Science - 15.5
Research Assistants/ PhD Candidates
- Computer Science - 10.5
Research Associate in Information Security (100%)
- Life Sciences - 1.5
Einstieg für Naturwissenschaftler / Biologen in die IT-Consulting Welt
- Computer Science - 25.4
Senior Scientist in Machine Learning / Data Analytic
- Business - 5.4
Professorin/Professor für Landschaftsökologie
- Business - 4.4
Leiter/in der Kompetenzgruppe Immobilienmanagement 100% (Professur)