PhD position in Marketing
|Workplace||Neuchâtel, North Romandie, Switzerland|
|Start||1 September 2018|
The University of Neuchâtel is a university on a human scale, with about 4’500 students. Its small size ena-bles it to provide high-level training and to foster relationships between students and professors. It is one of the most international universities in Switzerland, with about 100 nationalities present and more than a fifth of the student body coming from abroad. Ideally located midway between Geneva and Zürich, in the heart of Europe, it is a perfect place to study or undertake high-level research in an idyllic setting between lake and mountains.
• Commit to achieve a PhD thesis in marketing / consumer behavior (topic: sustainable consumption / social marketing) under the supervision of Prof. Valéry Bezençon
• Contribute to research and other scholarly activities
• Assist in marketing lectures and contribute to the related tasks (exam prep, student support devel-opment, etc.)
• Master’s degree in marketing, management, psychology, economics, or possibly a quantitative field such as engineering or statistics
• Evidence of an analytical mind and solid quantitative skills
• Demonstrated independence and initiative
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment
• Excellent command of English (oral and written)
• Good command of French or willingness to acquire it quickly
• Passion for research and teaching
• Interest in consumer behavior, social marketing, and sustainable consumption
We offer excellent conditions
• Salary (Salary scale – in French): 2014 gross annual salary, 1st year employed at 75%: CHF 52’042 (~USD 57’225)
• 4 years contract
• Excellent working environment (university, infrastructure, city, sports offering)
Application procedure and deadline
The application files, containing a CV, a statement of interest, copies of diplomas with grade transcripts, a representative scientific work such as a master’s thesis or a research proposal for the PhD thesis, GMAT or GRE scores if available, and at least one letter of recommendation, should be sent by email (subject: PhD MKT) to sara.wengerunine.ch and valery.bezenconunine.ch. Please also mention in your e-mail how you learnt about this position.
Applications will be processed as they come with a deadline on 15th August 2018.
The University of Neuchâtel is actively engaged in the implementation of its responsibility and provides non‐discriminatory working conditions.
|Phone||0041 (0)32 718 13 60|
In your application, please refer to myScience.ch
and reference JobID 40212.
- Business - 10.7
Dozentin / Dozenten für Service- und Kundenmanagement mit Fokus Digitalisierung (80-100%)
- Law - 4.7
Assistenzprofessur (70-100%) für Betriebswirtschaftliche Steuerlehre und Internationales Steuerrecht
- Innovation - 4.7
Wissenschaftliche/n Mitarbeiter/in für den Bereich Vizedirektion (60% - 80%)
- Business - 3.7
Wissenschaftlich Beschäftigte/r - Digitalisierung im Einkauf und Digitalisierung der Lehre
- Pedagogy - 25.6
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in Personalmanagement und Organisation (80–100 %)