PhD position - Public Economics: International Taxation
|Workplace||Zurich, Zurich region, Switzerland|
100%, Zurich, fixed-term
The Chair of Public Economics at D-MTEC invites applications for a PhD position. The group’s main focus is on theoretical and empirical research in the area of public economics such as corporate taxation, fiscal federalism and public economy aspects of the digital economy, for instance.
We are looking for a PhD candidate with an interest in international taxation of corporations/households, both from an empirical and theoretical perspective. The expected starting date is autumn 2021 or later.
The appointment includes the writing of a dissertation. The PhD thesis is to be completed within three to four years. The salary will be in accordance with the regulations of ETH Zurich . Along with your PhD thesis, you are expected to complete the Economics Doctoral Programme at D-MTEC. You can find the courses taught in first and second year online via ?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cer.ethz.ch%2Feducation%2Fdoc_program&module=jobs&id=53346" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.cer.ethz.ch/education/doc_program . Alternatively, there is the possibility to apply for the Swiss Program for Beginning Doctoral Students in Economics at the Study Center Gerzensee. Both PhD programs are taught in English. Applicants unfamiliar with ETH are encouraged to read the "Survival Guide - Handbook for PhD candidates at ETH Zurich": Survival Guide – AVETH (ethz.ch)
ETH Zurich offers internationally competitive working conditions . Living conditions in Zurich are excellent (Zurich is consistently ranked as one of the world’s premier cities in terms of living standards).
The successful applicant should hold a master degree in economics and has recently graduated with grades in the top five percent of their class (e.g. applicants from Swiss universities are expected to have achieved a GPA of at least 5.25). Excellent command of English is required.
In your application, please refer to myScience.ch and reference JobID 53346.
More job offers worldwide on jobs.myScience.org
Related Continuing Education Programs
- » Sécurité de l’information (DAS-InfoSec) (2021)
- » Sécurité de l’information (MAS-InfoSec) (2021)
- » Sécurité de l’information (CAS-InfoSec) (2021)
- » Responsable de la protection des données en entreprise / DPO (2021)
- » Méthodologies de Développement Logiciel - Docker/Kubernetes (2020)
- » Développement Logiciel 101: méthodologies et outils (2020)
- » Management et technologie des systèmes d’information (MATIS) - Gestion de projets des systèmes d’information et des services (GPSI) (2020)
- » Conception et technologies des applications Web (2020)
- » Sécurité de l’information (MAS-InfoSec) (2020)
- » Sécurité de l’information (CAS-InfoSec) (2020)
9 February 2021
Thematic ETFs, "a financial innovation gone awry"
21 July 2020
International trade, a threat to jobs?
» More news