Postdoctoral Position in Economics of Antimicrobial Resistance in Animals
|Workplace||Zurich, Zurich region, Switzerland|
100%, Zurich, fixed-term
The Health Policy and Geography Group at the Institute for Environmental Decisions is offering a Postdoc Position.
Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) –the ability of microbes to evolve and resist treatment- is rising globally. In September 2016, the United Nations General Assembly declared AMR “the most urgent global risk”, and mandated its member states to establish national action plans against AMR, including reductions of antimicrobial use in the agricultural sector. This position is part of a project funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation to explore global strategies to curb the rise of antimicrobial resistance in animals raised for food.
We are looking for an enthusiast and quantitatively minded candidate to explore taxations schemes of veterinary antimicrobials. The candidate will combine disease dynamics models with differential taxation schemes that could help induce antimicrobial consumption patterns that mitigate the rise of AMR. The ideal candidate will also bring his/her own research questions to develop in the broad field of AMR economics. This is a fixed term position for 2 years with an anticipated start date between January and April 2022. The position is based at ETH Zurich, Switzerland. The successful candidate will join the Healthy Geography and Policy group led by Thomas Van Boeckel .
We welcome applicants with:
In your application, please refer to myScience.ch and reference JobID 53694.
More job offers worldwide on jobs.myScience.org
Related Continuing Education Programs
- » Pharmacie clinique: prestations dans les soins de base (2021)
- » Psychothérapie psychanalytique: Psychanalyse et institutions (2025)
- » Psychothérapie psychanalytique: Psychanalyse et institutions (2021)
- » Médecine de laboratoire (2020)
- » Psychothérapie psychanalytique: Cadre et espace thérapeutique (2021)
- » Psychothérapie psychanalytique (2020)
- » Psychothérapie psychanalytique: Interprétation (2023)
- » Psychothérapie psychanalytique: Cadre et espace thérapeutique (2022)
- » Sécurité des soins (2022)
- » Formateur dans le domaine des sciences de la santé (2021)
20 October 2021
Towards Precision Medicine for Dialysis Patients
18 October 2021
The human immune system is an early riser
14 October 2021
Swissuniversities warns of a medicine and research ban
» More news