Postdoc project in climate dynamics
|Workplace||Zurich, Zurich region, Switzerland|
60%-100%, Zurich, fixed-term
The Atmospheric Circulation group at the Institute for Atmospheric and Climate Science (IAC), led by Prof. Sebastian Schemm , is a growing team of weather and climate enthusiasts. It has its research focus on a range of topics at the interface between weather and climate dynamics and on high-resolution atmospheric modelling. Details of our research can be found at ?url=www.iac.ethz.ch%2Fgroup%2Fatmospheric-circulation&module=jobs&id=53996" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.iac.ethz.ch/group/atmospheric-circulation .
The Atmospheric Circulation Group at ETH Zurich is searching for a 2-year postdoctoral researcher to work embedded in a team at ETH and in collaboration with colleagues at LMD, Paris, on the eddy kinetic and available potential energy cycle in simulations of future climates. We are interested in a broad range of topics such as changes in the baroclinic conversion efficiency, the diabatic generation of potential energy, storm tracks from Eulerian and Lagrangian perspectives, the dependencies of the results on the model resolution and the interplay with ocean eddies and the jet stream.
You idealy have experience working with climate model data, the development of suitable diagnostics, the ability to generalize results and a deep understanding of weather and climate dynamics. Furthermore, a Ph.D. in physics, atmospheric or computer sciences, or any other related field is required.
It goes without saying that non-linear CVs are welcome, career breaks are not considered as a disadvantage and part-time work is of course possible.
Possible starting dates: 1 January 2022 or 1 February 2022 with some flexibility.
In your application, please refer to myScience.ch and reference JobID 53996.
More job offers worldwide on jobs.myScience.org
Related Continuing Education Programs
- » Développement durable: horizon 2030 (2021)
- » Biomarqueurs pour mesurer les effets des polluants sur les organismes aquatiques
- » Gynécologie médicale et endocrinologie gynécologique (2021)
- » Développement durable: horizon 2030 (2020)
- » Water Governance: Frameworks and Negotiations (2019)
- » Energie-environnement/Cycle de formation (2019)
- » Développement durable et Grand Genève: À la rencontre des scientifiques et acteurs de terrain (2019)
- » Mobiliser la pensée systémique pour devenir acteur de la transition - Écologie, société, économie: comprendre les changements en cours pour mieux y trouver sa place (2020)
1 December 2021
Artificial intelligence helps speed up ecological surveys
29 November 2021
Tracking down microplastics in Antarctica
29 November 2021
Ozone causes our skin to emit tiny airborne particles
» More news