basic rental guide
Practical information to understand real estate offers in Switzerland
- Flats are classified by the number of rooms:1 room, 2 rooms, 2 and half rooms, 3 rooms...
- Kitchen and bathroom do not count as a room. Thus, a 3-room flat has kitchen, bathroom, and 3 rooms.
- « half » means that the flat has a hall or a large corridor.
- In general, flats are not furnished. Only the kitchens are equipped with cooker/oven, fridge, cupboards (but not with dishes or tables)
- In Switzerland, buildings with many apartments have a common laundry room (equipped with washing and drying machines). The use of the laundry is regulated at the building level, you will get fixed days for your washing !
Last job offers
- Electroengineering - 14.12
Passive Microwave and Radio Occultation Competence Area Manager (VN18 71)
- Health - 14.12
PROFESSEUR-E ORDINAIRE ou ASSOCIE-E en santé publique et action humanitaire
- Computer Science/Telecom - 14.12
2 research assistants at the Hilti Chair for Data and Application Security
- Chemistry - 12.12
Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin / Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter REACH und Risikomanagement
- Social Sciences - 12.12
Professeur-e HES associé-e dans le domaine du handicap et de l’inclusion
- Psychology - 14.12
1 PhD Candidate position
- Careers/Employment - 14.12
- Law/Forensics - 14.12
Akademischen Mitarbeiterin / Akademischen Mitarbeiters (Entgeltgruppe 13 TV-L / 50 %)