basic rental guide
Practical information to understand real estate offers in Switzerland
- Flats are classified by the number of rooms:1 room, 2 rooms, 2 and half rooms, 3 rooms...
- Kitchen and bathroom do not count as a room. Thus, a 3-room flat has kitchen, bathroom, and 3 rooms.
- « half » means that the flat has a hall or a large corridor.
- In general, flats are not furnished. Only the kitchens are equipped with cooker/oven, fridge, cupboards (but not with dishes or tables)
- In Switzerland, buildings with many apartments have a common laundry room (equipped with washing and drying machines). The use of the laundry is regulated at the building level, you will get fixed days for your washing !
Last job offers
- Business/Economics - 25.2
Ph.D. Positions in Health Policy and System Research
- Microtechnics - 24.2
Sector Head, Embedded Vision Systems
- Social Sciences - 23.2
Direktor/in Hochschule für Soziale Arbeit
- Physics/Materials Science - 26.2
PhD Position - Plant-Herbivore Interactions
- Administration/Government - 24.2
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 24.2
Juniorprofessur (W1) für Fachdidaktik der Fremdsprachen
- Business/Economics - 24.2
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, (Salary Scale 13 TV-L/100%)
- Mathematics - 24.2