The demand for childcare facilities often exceeds availability. As a consequence, prices for child care are high, and, moreover, you should organize well in advance! There are three types of child care:
- Crèches: Day Care Centers have long waiting lists. Moreover, childcare in Switzerland is expensive with respect to other contries. Full-time care of a pre-school child may cost up to 2000 CHF per month. At kinderkrippen-online you can find general information about crèches.
- Day Care Families: many Swiss families go to childminders who cares for children in their home. Often this service is organized simply via private networking. However, if you are new in Switzerland and you haven’t yet an entourage, you can contact the Federal association for the child day care www.kibesuisse.ch/fr/federation.html, cantonal childminder associations.
- Au Pairs: It is a programme aiming to help young people to improve language skills, and, then, only families speaking a german, french, italian or english can participate. For further information look at Pro Filia .
Last job offers
- Health - 6.12
Co-Leiter / Innen Bachelorstudiengang Gesundheitsförderung und Prävention (2 x 80-100 %)
- Interdisciplinary - 6.12
Collaborateur / Trice Scientifique à 60%
- Life Sciences - 5.12
Research Associate in Synthetic Biology & Enzymology: Discovery and Engineering New Biosynthetic Pathways to Next Generation...
- Continuing Education - 5.12
Professor/in Organisation und Change Management (80–100 %)
- Law - 5.12
Doktorand / Doktorandin Straf- und Strafprozessrecht (50-60%) für eine Dauer von 2-4 Jahren
- Criminology/Forensics - 4.12
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter (m/w/d)
- Chemistry - 7.12
- Materials Science - 6.12
Technicien/ne de surfaces