- The education system changes from canton to canton.
- The compulsory education lasts 9 years (primary and secondary school) and is free of charge. Children enter primary school at the age of 6 or 7.
- Kindergartens are not everywhere compulsory, but free of charge. Note that, in many cantons the compulsory education start with the Kindergartends (at the age of 4) aiming to facilitate the integration of children whose families does not speck any cantonal languages.
- Overviews about the Swiss education system can be found at the Swiss Education Server Educa, at the homepage of the Swiss Conference of Cantonal Education Ministers and of the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs.
Last job offers
- Microtechnics - 24.2
Sector Head, Embedded Vision Systems
- Social Sciences - 23.2
Direktor/in Hochschule für Soziale Arbeit
- Physics/Materials Science - 22.2
Experimental Physicist High Power Switchgear
- Social Sciences - 21.2
Dozent/in und Projektleiter/in (70-80%)
- Interdisciplinary - 21.2
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in 80-100%
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 21.2
Junior Researcher dans le champ de recherche "Profils professionnels"
- Administration/Government - 24.2
- Life Sciences - 24.2
PhD Position - Plant-Herbivore Interactions