work in switzerland
- Usual working time in Switzerland: 42 hours per week.
- Holidays: At least 4 weeks per year.
- The following days are general holidays: 1st and 2nd of January, Good Friday, Easter, Easter Monday, Pentecost Monday, 1st of August, 25th and 26th of December. Most of the cantons have some additional holidays.
- It depends on your contract if overtime is disbursed or can be compensated.
- Look at our salary section which salary you can expect.
- The following information must be written in your work contract: salary, weekly working time, holidays, organisation of overtime.
Get information about work- and residence permits for
- The State Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO provides information about your rights and your duties if you are working in Switzerland (only in German, French and Italian).
- Swiss Labour Law (only in German, French and Italian).
- Your rights if you are pregnant (only in German and French).
- Unia, Switzerland’s inter-professional trade union.
- networking-for-jobs is a platform helping Swiss expats and third country citizens with a higher education finding a job in Switzerland.
- Travailler-en-Suisse.ch provides information about working in Switzerland (French only).
- www.aufenthalter.ch, www.grenzinfo.de: Several webpages with information about working in Switzerland. Addresses mainly to Germans and border crossers living in Germany (German only).
- jobs.myScience.ch, the job portal for scientists, researchers and academics in Switzerland
Last job offers
- Economics/Business - 3.7
Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin / Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter im Bereich Digital Accounting / Controlling (70-85%)
- Social Sciences - 2.7
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in 100%
- Life Sciences - 2.7
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in 80%
- Research Management - 2.7
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in 70%
- Physics - 2.7
- Psychology - 1.7
Faculty Manager/in (deutschsprachig) in Psychologie (w/m) 40%
- Health - 30.6
Humantoxikologin / Humantoxikologe im Bereich Biozide, Toxikologie, Risikobeurteilung und Wirksamkeit
- Life Sciences - 30.6
Experienced Laboratory Manager (80-100%)