Jobs in medicine
Actual jobs in medicine and pharmacology on jobs.myScience.ch
Medical research institutions
Funding possibilities and support
- The Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) is Switzerland’s leading provider of scientific research funding and support also the research in medecine. Any researcher working in Switzerland can ask for a grant. Besides the ordinary project funding, there are also specific medical programes meant to strengthen clinical research in Switzerland.
- A lot of Swiss foundations finance research projects. The foundations financing projects in biotechnology and medecine can be found here.
- The Swiss Academy of Medical Sciences (SAMW) provides different research grants and awards in medecine.
- The College of Primary Care Medecine supports research projects in primary care medecine. It helps to work out research proposals and to find funding.
- Palliative.ch supports the submission of research proposals in palliative care.
Associations and networks
- The Swiss Academy of Medical Sciences (SAMW) takes charge of ethical questions in connection with medical developments, engagement in university, scientific and education politic, promotion of the professional training of the coming generation of scientists, especially in clinical research. It supports the high quality of the research in biomedical and clinical research.
- The Cancer Network Zurich CNZ facilitates the communication between clinicians, research scientists and the public at large in matters concerning diagnosis, prognosis, therapy and prevention of cancer.
- The Swiss Medical Association FMH is responsible for the continuing education of physicians.
- The Association Swiss Pediatric Oncology Group SPOG supports clinical research in the field of pediatric oncology.
- The Hospital Network for Clinical Research / Spitalnetzwerk für Klinische Forschung (SKF) aims to promote clinical research at non-university hospitals in Switzerland.
- The Federal Office of Public Health FOPH is responsible for the recognition of foreign diplomas as well as for postgraduate titles in the medical sector. They can tell you if and under which condition you are admitted as a practising physician in human, dental and veterinary medicine and pharmacy.
- For all other university degrees, Swiss ENIC provides information on the recognition of qualifications.
- PubMed (www.pubmed.org) comprises more than 19 million citations for biomedical articles from medical and life science journals. PubMed includes links to full-text articles which may be found in other databases such as PubMed Central or at publisher web sites.
- List of all hospitals in Switzerland.
- The Federal Office of Public Health FOPH is aiming at promoting and maintaining the good health of all people living in Switzerland. It is also responsible for the education and admission of physicians.