Jobs in medicine
Medical research institutions
- The list of medical research institutions in Switzerland.
- Switzerland has five Medical faculties: Medizinische Fakultät Zürich, Medizinische Fakultät Bern, Medizinische Fakultät Basel, Faculté de Médecine de l’université de Genève, Faculté de biologie et de médecine de l’université de Lausanne
- The Swiss Group for Clinical Cancer Research (SAKK) is a non-profit organization engaged in patient-related cancer research. It conducts cancer research at all major Swiss and foreign hospitals.
- Switzerland has six clinical research centers, known as Clinical Trial Units (CTUs). They are located in Basel, Bern, Geneva, Lausanne, St. Gallen and Zurich.
- The AO Research Institute Davos is specialised in trauma and disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
Funding possibilities and support
- The Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) is Switzerland’s leading provider of scientific research funding and support also the research in medecine. Any researcher working in Switzerland can ask for a grant. Besides the ordinary project funding, there are also specific medical programes meant to strengthen clinical research in Switzerland.
- A lot of Swiss foundations finance research projects. The foundations financing projects in biotechnology and medecine can be found here.
- The Swiss Academy of Medical Sciences (SAMW) provides different research grants and awards in medecine.
- The College of Primary Care Medecine supports research projects in primary care medecine. It helps to work out research proposals and to find funding.
- Palliative.ch supports the submission of research proposals in palliative care.
- The Swiss Clinical Trial Organisation (SCTO) is the central cooperative platform for patient-oriented, clinical research in Switzerland.
Associations and networks
- The Swiss Academy of Medical Sciences (SAMW) takes charge of ethical questions in connection with medical developments, engagement in university, scientific and education politic, promotion of the professional training of the coming generation of scientists, especially in clinical research. It supports the high quality of the research in biomedical and clinical research.
- The Cancer Network Zurich CNZ facilitates the communication between clinicians, research scientists and the public at large in matters concerning diagnosis, prognosis, therapy and prevention of cancer.
- The Swiss Medical Association FMH is responsible for the continuing education of physicians.
- The Association Swiss Pediatric Oncology Group SPOG supports clinical research in the field of pediatric oncology.
- The Hospital Network for Clinical Research / Spitalnetzwerk für Klinische Forschung (SKF) aims to promote clinical research at non-university hospitals in Switzerland.
- The Federal Office of Public Health FOPH is responsible for the recognition of foreign diplomas as well as for postgraduate titles in the medical sector. They can tell you if and under which condition you are admitted as a practising physician in human, dental and veterinary medicine and pharmacy.
- For all other university degrees, Swiss ENIC provides information on the recognition of qualifications.
- PubMed (www.pubmed.org) comprises more than 19 million citations for biomedical articles from medical and life science journals. PubMed includes links to full-text articles which may be found in other databases such as PubMed Central or at publisher web sites.
Last job offers
- Philosophy - 26.1
Fachbereichsleitung Wirtschafts- und Sozialethik (60%)
- Administration - 24.1
Bereichsleiter/in Forschungsförderung International 80-100%
- Health - 23.1
Professur (w/m/d) mit dem Schwerpunkt Pflegewissenschaften
- Social Sciences - 23.1
Professur (w/m/d) mit dem Schwerpunkt Sozialpädagogik, Gesellschafts- oder Sozialwissenschaften
- Health - 23.1
Professur (w/m/d) mit dem Schwerpunkt Gesundheits- oder Pflegemanagement, Gesundheitsökonomie oder Digital Health Care Management
- Administration - 23.1
Assistentin / Assistent mit Projektaufgaben (100%)
- Mechanical Engineering - 23.1
Wissenschaftliche Assistentin / Wissenschaftlicher Assistent Mechatronik (60-80%)
- Pedagogy - 22.1
Dozent/in Logopädie Schwerpunkt Schule