Over the past ten years there has been a progressively growing interest in all fields of neuroscience in Switzerland, attracting young scientists and new research groups from all over the world. According to the American journal Science, the Lake Geneva region is considered to be the third most important study centre in Europe for neuroscience behind Oxford and Cambridge in Britain.There is close cooperation and interaction between Geneva and Lausanne universities and university hospitals, and the Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne, with more than 80 neuroscience research groups.
Jobs in neuroscience
Neuroscience Research Centers and Programs
- The Neuroscience Center Zurich ZNZ is a joint competence center of ETH and University of Zurich. About 100 basic, clinical and applied research groups cover the entire spectrum of neuroscience ranging from molecular and cellular processes in the brain over physiology and diseases of the nervous system to computational modeling and psychology.
- The Basel Neuroscience Program is an interdisciplinary network of neuroscientists in Basel affiliated to the University, the University Hospital and the Life Sciences Industry.
- Lemanic Neuroscience consists of over 120 research groups at University of Geneva, University of Lausanne, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne EPFL and two cutting edge university hospitals HUG and CHUV.
National Centres of Competence in Research (NCCR)
- The NCCR "Neural Plasticity and Repair" consists of eight individual neuroscience projects.
- The National Centre of Competence in Research (NCCR) for the Affective Sciences is a research network financed by the Swiss government and administered through the Swiss National Science Foundation.
Last job offers
- Social Sciences - 11.12
Verantwortliche Forschung & Entwicklung EQUAM Stiftung
- Physics/Materials Science - 11.12
FULL PROFESSOR in experimental quantum optics
- Life Sciences - 9.12
Postdoc or PhD position: Membrane fusion - roles of membrane tethering proteins in the formation of...
- Physics/Materials Science - 9.12
Wissenschaftliche/n Mitarbeitende/n für die mathematische Modellierung und Simulation
- Veterinary Science - 12.12
- Physics/Materials Science - 12.12
Physikerin / Physiker (50%)
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 12.12
- Computer Science/Telecom - 12.12
Junior System Administrator