Over the past ten years there has been a progressively growing interest in all fields of neuroscience in Switzerland, attracting young scientists and new research groups from all over the world. According to the American journal Science, the Lake Geneva region is considered to be the third most important study centre in Europe for neuroscience behind Oxford and Cambridge in Britain.There is close cooperation and interaction between Geneva and Lausanne universities and university hospitals, and the Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne, with more than 80 neuroscience research groups.
Jobs in neuroscience
Neuroscience Research Centers and Programs
- The Neuroscience Center Zurich ZNZ is a joint competence center of ETH and University of Zurich. About 100 basic, clinical and applied research groups cover the entire spectrum of neuroscience ranging from molecular and cellular processes in the brain over physiology and diseases of the nervous system to computational modeling and psychology.
- The Basel Neuroscience Program is an interdisciplinary network of neuroscientists in Basel affiliated to the University, the University Hospital and the Life Sciences Industry.
- Lemanic Neuroscience consists of over 120 research groups at University of Geneva, University of Lausanne, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne EPFL and two cutting edge university hospitals HUG and CHUV.
National Centres of Competence in Research (NCCR)
- The NCCR "Neural Plasticity and Repair" consists of eight individual neuroscience projects.
- The National Centre of Competence in Research (NCCR) for the Affective Sciences is a research network financed by the Swiss government and administered through the Swiss National Science Foundation.
Last job offers
- Interdisciplinary - 17.8
Wiss. Mitarbeiterin / Wiss. Mitarbeiter für den Bereich Forstökonomie 80-100%
- Pedagogy - 15.8
Dozentin / Dozent für Service- und Kundenmanagement mit Fokus Digitalisierung (80-100%)
- Life Sciences - 15.8
PhD project "Improving seed yield of Swiss bred Italian ryegrass" (IMPSEED)
- Computer Science/Telecom - 15.8
Research Assistant in Service Tooling (80%)
- Pedagogy - 15.8
Dozierende/n für Smart Maintenance (80 - 100%)
- Business/Economics - 15.8
Mitarbeiter/in Internationale Akkreditierung (60-80%)
- Electroengineering - 15.8
Post-Doctoral Researcher in Aerial Robotics for Mapping
- Business/Economics - 14.8
Leiterin / Leiter Forschungsgruppe Betriebswirtschaft