- Physics - Oct 11 Low- cost battery from waste graphite
- Chemistry - Sep 28 Biodegradable microsensors for food monitoring
- Chemistry - Sep 26 Holograms for molecules
- Chemistry - Sep 19 Nanocapsules Enable Cell- Inspired Metabolic Reactions
- Physics - Aug 31 A virtual tour through "move"
- Chemistry - Jul 20 3D imaging of surface chemistry in confinement
- Chemistry - Jul 19 A uranium- based compound improves manufacturing of nitrogen products
- Physics - Jul 11 From Bangalore via Cambridge to Zurich
Faculty Position in Chemical Biology EPFL, Lausanne
Maître assistant-e - Fonds National University of Geneva
Laboratory technician/ Biologist EPFL, Lausanne
Biogeochemical Modeler for a 1-year (with possible extension) post-doctoral research position Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
PhD Candidate position - in silico design of catalysts University of Zurich
PhD Candidate position in theoretical spectroscopy University of Zurich
Enseigner en simulation avec mannequin ou patient simulé: perfectionner sa conduite du débriefing University of Geneva
CAS ETH in Mobilität der Zukunft: Neue Geschäftsmodelle Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Le règlement européen de protection des données et les entreprises suisses University of Geneva
La réforme du droit de l’entretien: nouvelles pratiques University of Geneva
Chemistry is one of Switzerland’s model industries. The excellent education and the high level of cooperation between the private sector, academic institutions, investors and authorities attracts researchers and companies from all over the world.
Web Portals in Chemistry
- Swiss Portal to organic chemistry:Find everything about organic chemistry at organische-chemie.ch
- The Organic Chemistry Portal offers an overview of recent topics, interesting reactions, and information on the most important chemicals.
- Find information about organic synthesis on the german webpage internetchemie (also in english).
Societies and Organisations
- The Swiss Chemical Society represents chemistry in the broadest sense in Switzerland and in international organizations.
- SGCI Chemie Pharma Schweiz is the umbrella organisation of the chemical and pharmaceutical industry across the whole of Switzerland. Its 180 member companies are active mainly in the research, development, production or sale of pharmaceutical specialities, vitamins, industrial speciality chemicals, plant protection products as well as aromas and fragrances.
Conferences and News
- Find worldwide conferences, exhibitions and trade fairs about chemistry at Chemistry-Conference.
- The online magazine Analytic News provides news and information for analytic laboratories.
2011: International Year of Chemistry
The International Year of Chemistry 2011 ( IYC 2011) was a worldwide celebration of the achievements of chemistry and its contributions to the well-being of humankind. It is an initiative of IUPAC , the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry, and of UNESCO , the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. It involves chemical societies, academies, and institutions worldwide, and relies on individual initiatives to organize local and regional activities. Switzerland’s labs were participating offering a range of interactive, entertaining, and educational activities for all ages.
Last job offers
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 18.10
Leiter/in Forschung & Entwicklung Pflege (Professorenstelle)
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 18.10
Leiter/in des Studiengangs Master of Science in Pflege (80-100 %)
- Business/Economics - 16.10
Assistant Professor in Econometrics
- Life Sciences - 20.10
Maître assistant-e - Fonds National