When water samples are analysed with a mass spectrometer, peaks of compounds appear that are completely unknown, or that weren't being looked for.
For the first time, researchers of the universities of Bern and Geneva have proven the presence of iron and titanium in the atmosphere of an exoplanet.
Assistant professor (tenure track) in experimental physical chemistry (Spectroscopy) University of Geneva
Postdoctoral Researcher - (Biophysical-) Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Chemistry Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
PhD in atmospheric chemistry - Development of a new experimental platform for aerosol research Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
PhD Candidates on ’Molecular dynamics investigation of polymeric materials and their hygro-mechanical behavior’ Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
PhD Candidate position in theoretical / computational chemistry University of Zurich
PhDs & postdocs in Polymer Interface Science and Nanomedicine EPFL, Lausanne
DAS ETH in Verkehrsin-genieurwesen (DAS ETH VI) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
CAS ETH in Räumliche Informationssysteme (CAS ETH RIS) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
CAS ETH in Mobilität der Zukunft: Systemaspekte Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
CAS Klinische Pharmazie Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Chemistry is one of Switzerland’s model industries. The excellent education and the high level of cooperation between the private sector, academic institutions, investors and authorities attracts researchers and companies from all over the world.
Web Portals in Chemistry
- Swiss Portal to organic chemistry:Find everything about organic chemistry at organische-chemie.ch
- The Organic Chemistry Portal offers an overview of recent topics, interesting reactions, and information on the most important chemicals.
- Find information about organic synthesis on the german webpage internetchemie (also in english).
Societies and Organisations
- The Swiss Chemical Society represents chemistry in the broadest sense in Switzerland and in international organizations.
- SGCI Chemie Pharma Schweiz is the umbrella organisation of the chemical and pharmaceutical industry across the whole of Switzerland. Its 180 member companies are active mainly in the research, development, production or sale of pharmaceutical specialities, vitamins, industrial speciality chemicals, plant protection products as well as aromas and fragrances.
Conferences and News
- Find worldwide conferences, exhibitions and trade fairs about chemistry at Chemistry-Conference.
- The online magazine Analytic News provides news and information for analytic laboratories.
2011: International Year of Chemistry
The International Year of Chemistry 2011 ( IYC 2011) was a worldwide celebration of the achievements of chemistry and its contributions to the well-being of humankind. It is an initiative of IUPAC , the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry, and of UNESCO , the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. It involves chemical societies, academies, and institutions worldwide, and relies on individual initiatives to organize local and regional activities. Switzerland’s labs were participating offering a range of interactive, entertaining, and educational activities for all ages.
Last job offers
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 24.9
Postdoctoral position in targeting cell invasion in metastatic cancers
- Life Sciences - 24.9
Professeur-e ordinaire ou associé-e au Département de génétique et évolution
- Business/Economics - 23.9
Leiterin / Leiter Forschungsgruppe Betriebswirtschaft
- Continuing Education - 23.9
Senior Researcher im Forschungsfeld "Curricula" 60 % mit Option Senior Lecturer in der Sparte Ausbildung (20%)