- Chemistry - Jul 9 A Fatty Acid Oxidation- Dependent Metabolic Shift Regulates Adult Neural Stem Cell Activity
- Physics - Jun 28 Helping fuel cells make their
- Physics - Jun 21 "move" through to the next round
- Medicine - Jun 2 New Novartis data presented at ASCO find nearly half of CML patients treated with Tasigna remain in remission almost three years after stopping therapy
- Life Sciences - May 22 Designer cells: artificial enzyme can activate a gene switch
- Physics - May 18 A day as a young scientist
- Chemistry - Apr 9 The fight for clean emissions continues
- Chemistry - Mar 15 Removing heavy metals from water
X-rays aid better understanding of electron mobility in a modern transistor The electronics industry expects a novel high-performance transistor made of gallium nitride to offer considerable advantages over present-day high-frequency transistors.
Physicists at EPFL used Scanning Tunneling Microscopy to successfully test the stability of a magnet made up of a single atom.
Doktorandin / Doktoranden Aromaforschung Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften ZHAW, Winterthur
1 PhD Candidate position in Medicinal Chemistry, 1 PhD Candidate and 1 Postdoc position in Epigenetics and Gene Regulation,... University of Zurich
Postdoctoral Researcher in Computational Chemistry Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
PhD position in Environmental Chemistry Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
PhD in Chemistry-Climate Modeling - Understanding tropospheric ozone changes Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
PhD Candidate position in theoretical / computational chemistry University of Zurich
DAS ETH Cyber Security Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
DAS ETH in Data Science (DAS ETH DS) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
DAS ETH in Verkehrsin-genieurwesen (DAS ETH VI) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
CAS ETH in Räumliche Informationssysteme (CAS ETH RIS) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Chemistry is one of Switzerland’s model industries. The excellent education and the high level of cooperation between the private sector, academic institutions, investors and authorities attracts researchers and companies from all over the world.
Web Portals in Chemistry
- Swiss Portal to organic chemistry:Find everything about organic chemistry at organische-chemie.ch
- The Organic Chemistry Portal offers an overview of recent topics, interesting reactions, and information on the most important chemicals.
- Find information about organic synthesis on the german webpage internetchemie (also in english).
Societies and Organisations
- The Swiss Chemical Society represents chemistry in the broadest sense in Switzerland and in international organizations.
- SGCI Chemie Pharma Schweiz is the umbrella organisation of the chemical and pharmaceutical industry across the whole of Switzerland. Its 180 member companies are active mainly in the research, development, production or sale of pharmaceutical specialities, vitamins, industrial speciality chemicals, plant protection products as well as aromas and fragrances.
Conferences and News
- Find worldwide conferences, exhibitions and trade fairs about chemistry at Chemistry-Conference.
- The online magazine Analytic News provides news and information for analytic laboratories.
2011: International Year of Chemistry
The International Year of Chemistry 2011 ( IYC 2011) was a worldwide celebration of the achievements of chemistry and its contributions to the well-being of humankind. It is an initiative of IUPAC , the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry, and of UNESCO , the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. It involves chemical societies, academies, and institutions worldwide, and relies on individual initiatives to organize local and regional activities. Switzerland’s labs were participating offering a range of interactive, entertaining, and educational activities for all ages.
Last job offers
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 17.7
Un-e professeur-e HES associé-e à 60% «Expert en cardio-vasculaire et respiratoire»
- Life Sciences - 17.7
PostDoc: Application of our Integrated Proteogenomics Approach* to identify missed protein coding ORFs in prokaryotic genome...
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 16.7
Postdoctoral position: Translating mouse T cell metabolic intervention for immunotherapy in cancer patients
- Literature/Linguistics - 17.7
Oberassistenz- / Postdoktorierendenstelle