- Physics - Jan 18 Looking beyond the horizon
- Medicine - Dec 22 Novartis drug Tasigna is approved by FDA as first and only CML therapy with Treatment- free Remission data in its label
- Physics - Dec 4 Five ETH projects funded
- Chemistry - Nov 30 Fabian Wahl to Take Charge of ’Food Microbial Systems’ Research Division
- Physics - Nov 29 A transistor of graphene nanoribbons
- Chemistry - Nov 29 The key to chemical transformations
- Chemistry - Nov 23 Batteries with better performance and
- Chemistry - Nov 7 Wood goes high- tech
Professor of Physical Chemistry and Head of the Laboratory for Electrochemistry at PSI EPFL, Lausanne and Villigen
Wissenschaftliche/r Assistent/in Bioanalytik (100%) ZHAW Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften, Wädenswil
PhD Student Position in Ultrafast Photochemistry University of Geneva
STI - Post-doctoral position in Machine Learning of Atomic-Scale Properties EPFL, Lausanne
IT engineer at the Institute of Chemical Sciences and Engineering EPFL, Lausanne
Ph.D. Position on Chemical Analysis and Human Exposure Modeling Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Energy geostructures analysis and design EPFL, Lausanne
Gouvernance de l’information en organisation, protection des données University of Geneva
Gestion des risques et dangers chimiques au laboratoire EPFL, Lausanne
Chemistry is one of Switzerland’s model industries. The excellent education and the high level of cooperation between the private sector, academic institutions, investors and authorities attracts researchers and companies from all over the world.
Web Portals in Chemistry
- Swiss Portal to organic chemistry:Find everything about organic chemistry at organische-chemie.ch
- The Organic Chemistry Portal offers an overview of recent topics, interesting reactions, and information on the most important chemicals.
- Find information about organic synthesis on the german webpage internetchemie (also in english).
Societies and Organisations
- The Swiss Chemical Society represents chemistry in the broadest sense in Switzerland and in international organizations.
- SGCI Chemie Pharma Schweiz is the umbrella organisation of the chemical and pharmaceutical industry across the whole of Switzerland. Its 180 member companies are active mainly in the research, development, production or sale of pharmaceutical specialities, vitamins, industrial speciality chemicals, plant protection products as well as aromas and fragrances.
Conferences and News
- Find worldwide conferences, exhibitions and trade fairs about chemistry at Chemistry-Conference.
- The online magazine Analytic News provides news and information for analytic laboratories.
2011: International Year of Chemistry
The International Year of Chemistry 2011 ( IYC 2011) was a worldwide celebration of the achievements of chemistry and its contributions to the well-being of humankind. It is an initiative of IUPAC , the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry, and of UNESCO , the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. It involves chemical societies, academies, and institutions worldwide, and relies on individual initiatives to organize local and regional activities. Switzerland’s labs were participating offering a range of interactive, entertaining, and educational activities for all ages.
Last job offers
- Psychology - 22.1
Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin / Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter
- Interdisciplinary - 20.1
Senior Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 23.1
- Computer Science/Telecom - 23.1
Web Application Architect and Back-end Developer