Researchers at the Paul Scherrer Institute PSI have for the first time observed photochemical processes inside the smallest particles in the air.
Postdoctoral research position (100%) in analytical biogeochemistry of trace elements in soils EAWAG, Dübendorf
Postdoc Position - Molecular and Biochemical Analysis of Novel Types of Race-Specific Resistance Genes from Wheat University of Zurich
PhD Candidate Position: Material Design for Artificial Photosynthesis University of Zurich
PhD position in soil organic matter cycling: Deep soil root biomass a key driver in the carbon cycle? University of Zurich
Postdoc Position - Mechanobiology of Bioengineered Bone Organoids Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Postdoctoral researcher position in Environmental Chemistry / Environmental Microbiology / Biogeochemistry Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Chemistry is one of Switzerland’s model industries. The excellent education and the high level of cooperation between the private sector, academic institutions, investors and authorities attracts researchers and companies from all over the world.
Web Portals in Chemistry
- Swiss Portal to organic chemistry:Find everything about organic chemistry at organische-chemie.ch
- The Organic Chemistry Portal offers an overview of recent topics, interesting reactions, and information on the most important chemicals.
- Find information about organic synthesis on the german webpage internetchemie (also in english).
Societies and Organisations
- The Swiss Chemical Society represents chemistry in the broadest sense in Switzerland and in international organizations.
- SGCI Chemie Pharma Schweiz is the umbrella organisation of the chemical and pharmaceutical industry across the whole of Switzerland. Its 180 member companies are active mainly in the research, development, production or sale of pharmaceutical specialities, vitamins, industrial speciality chemicals, plant protection products as well as aromas and fragrances.
Conferences and News
- Find worldwide conferences, exhibitions and trade fairs about chemistry at Chemistry-Conference.
- The online magazine Analytic News provides news and information for analytic laboratories.
2011: International Year of Chemistry
The International Year of Chemistry 2011 ( IYC 2011) was a worldwide celebration of the achievements of chemistry and its contributions to the well-being of humankind. It is an initiative of IUPAC , the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry, and of UNESCO , the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. It involves chemical societies, academies, and institutions worldwide, and relies on individual initiatives to organize local and regional activities. Switzerland’s labs were participating offering a range of interactive, entertaining, and educational activities for all ages.
Last job offers
- Research Management - 16.4
- Architecture - 15.4
Professors of Architecture and Design
- Architecture - 15.4
Professor of Architecture and Care
- Economics/Business - 15.4
Studiengangleiter/in und Dozent/in für Prozess-, Supply Chain Management (80-100%)
- Social Sciences - 14.4
Programm-Manager/in und Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in (60%)
- Electroengineering - 14.4
Leiterin, Leiter Elektro-Werkstatt (100%)
- Computer Science - 14.4
Leiter/-in Centre for Artificial Intelligence (Professorenstelle 80-100 %)
- Health - 13.4
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in Eidgenössische Qualitätskommission