- Physics - Mar 17 Hydrogen inclusions mapped in high- resolution and in 3D
- Earth Sciences - Mar 16 The dream of building bridges
- Physics - Mar 2 X-ray pulses make atomic oscillations
- Life Sciences - Mar 1 Researchers Imitate Molecular Crowding in Cells
- Physics - Feb 14 Measuring entropy
- Chemistry - Feb 7 Tiny organisms with a massive impact
- Physics - Jan 23 Higher methane yield from bio- waste
- Environment - Jan 19 Hot on the heels of cement’s formulae
Wissensch. Mitarbeiter/in Schwerpunktleitung Naturwissenschaftsdidaktik (80–100 %) Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz, Basel
Chemielaborantin / Chemielaborant (80%) Hochschule Luzern - Technik & Architektur, Horw bei Luzern
Postdoctoral position in Electrochemistry EPFL, Lausanne
Postdoctoral Fellow in Materials Chemistry: Solar Water Splitting University of Zurich
Postdoctoral fellow in Macromolecular Engineering of Responsive Hydrogels Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Postdoctoral Fellow Position in Biophysical Chemistry of Chromatin EPFL, Lausanne
Patrimoine viticole et vignobles romands University of Geneva
MAS ETH in Architecture, Real Estate, Construction (MAS ETH ARC) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Summer School in Water Governance: frameworks and negotiation University of Geneva
Geomatics for a Sustainable Environment University of Geneva
Chemistry is one of Switzerland’s model industries. The excellent education and the high level of cooperation between the private sector, academic institutions, investors and authorities attracts researchers and companies from all over the world.
Web Portals in Chemistry
- Swiss Portal to organic chemistry:Find everything about organic chemistry at organische-chemie.ch
- The Organic Chemistry Portal offers an overview of recent topics, interesting reactions, and information on the most important chemicals.
- Find information about organic synthesis on the german webpage internetchemie (also in english).
Societies and Organisations
- The Swiss Chemical Society represents chemistry in the broadest sense in Switzerland and in international organizations.
- SGCI Chemie Pharma Schweiz is the umbrella organisation of the chemical and pharmaceutical industry across the whole of Switzerland. Its 180 member companies are active mainly in the research, development, production or sale of pharmaceutical specialities, vitamins, industrial speciality chemicals, plant protection products as well as aromas and fragrances.
Conferences and News
- Find worldwide conferences, exhibitions and trade fairs about chemistry at Chemistry-Conference.
- The online magazine Analytic News provides news and information for analytic laboratories.
2011: International Year of Chemistry
The International Year of Chemistry 2011 ( IYC 2011) was a worldwide celebration of the achievements of chemistry and its contributions to the well-being of humankind. It is an initiative of IUPAC , the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry, and of UNESCO , the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. It involves chemical societies, academies, and institutions worldwide, and relies on individual initiatives to organize local and regional activities. Switzerland’s labs were participating offering a range of interactive, entertaining, and educational activities for all ages.
Last job offers
- Business/Economics - 24.3
Postdoctoral position (100%) in Marketing or consumer behavior
- Social Sciences - 24.3
Dozentin / Dozent mit Projektverantwortung im Bereich Sozialmanagement
- Life Sciences - 24.3
2 PhD student positions at the University of Zurich
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 23.3