Researchers have created the smallest-ever version of the famous brain-teaser. Ever since Ernő Rubik invented the Rubik's Cube in 1974, the mathematical puzzle has tested the brains and patience of people of all ages.
Quantum cascade lasers are able to measure the smallest molecules with high precision. But the technology has failed to measure larger gas molecules - until now! Empa researchers have succeeded in quantifying ethanol, an important organic molecule, with the aid of such a laser.
Researchers at the Paul Scherrer Institute PSI and ETH Zurich have discovered a special phenomenon of magnetism in the nano range.
Epigenetic memory of transcriptional gene silencing has been observed in several organisms. However, it was not known whether mechanisms exist that convey transgenerational memory of a silencing “experience”, without silencing the gene permanently.
Postdoctoral Research Fellowship (w/m) Wyon AG, Appenzell Steinegg
Postdoc oder Wissenschaftliche/n Mitarbeitende/n Mess- und Sensortechnik (80 %) Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften ZHAW, Wädenswil
Research Associate for Laboratory Automatization Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW
Project Manager Enzyme Engineering Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW
Organic Chemist / Medicinal Chemist (PostDoc) Zurich University of Applied Sciences
NIR Application Development Senior Scientist Mars, Veghel
Sciences cognitives et conscience EPFL, Lausanne
Gestion des risques et dangers chimiques au laboratoire EPFL, Lausanne
Essentials of Bayesian networks in forensic science EPFL, Lausanne
Sciences cognitives et inconscient EPFL, Lausanne
Chemistry is one of Switzerland’s model industries. The excellent education and the high level of cooperation between the private sector, academic institutions, investors and authorities attracts researchers and companies from all over the world.
Web Portals in Chemistry
- Swiss Portal to organic chemistry:Find everything about organic chemistry at organische-chemie.ch
- The Organic Chemistry Portal offers an overview of recent topics, interesting reactions, and information on the most important chemicals.
- Find information about organic synthesis on the german webpage internetchemie (also in english).
Societies and Organisations
- The Swiss Chemical Society represents chemistry in the broadest sense in Switzerland and in international organizations.
- SGCI Chemie Pharma Schweiz is the umbrella organisation of the chemical and pharmaceutical industry across the whole of Switzerland. Its 180 member companies are active mainly in the research, development, production or sale of pharmaceutical specialities, vitamins, industrial speciality chemicals, plant protection products as well as aromas and fragrances.
Conferences and News
- Find worldwide conferences, exhibitions and trade fairs about chemistry at Chemistry-Conference.
- The online magazine Analytic News provides news and information for analytic laboratories.
2011: International Year of Chemistry
The International Year of Chemistry 2011 ( IYC 2011) was a worldwide celebration of the achievements of chemistry and its contributions to the well-being of humankind. It is an initiative of IUPAC , the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry, and of UNESCO , the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. It involves chemical societies, academies, and institutions worldwide, and relies on individual initiatives to organize local and regional activities. Switzerland’s labs were participating offering a range of interactive, entertaining, and educational activities for all ages.
Last job offers
- Computer Science/Telecom - 17.4
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in Data Science (60-100%)
- Health - 17.4
Professeur-e HES associé-e « Spécialisation en santé mentale et psychiatrie »
- Philosophy - 18.4
- Administration - 18.4
Studierende als Aufsichten im Selbstlernzentrum