- Medicine - Jun 23 Novartis data shows half of eligible Ph+ CML-CP patients remain in Treatment- free Remission nearly two years after stopping Tasigna
- Chemistry - Jun 14 Universal stabilisation
- Chemistry - Jun 9 Graphene electrodes offer new functionalities in molecular electronic nanodevices
- Medicine - Jun 6 Novartis drug Tasigna receives EU approval for inclusion of Treatment- free Remission (TFR) data in product label
- Physics - May 23 Soot particles from GDI engines
- Physics - May 15 The future’s bright, the future’s OLED
- Physics - May 12 Hydrogen Bonds Directly Detected for the First Time
Postdoc position in Total Synthesis University of Zurich
Post-doctoral fellow in biogeochemistry of river systems Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
PhD Candidate position in theoretical spectroscopy University of Zurich
Laboratory Technician (molecular and cellular biology) University of Zurich
Postdoc position in Catalysis University of Zurich
Postdoc Position in Genome Editing â’ Crispr Biology and Molecular Technology Development Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Internet of Things University of Geneva
Direction des systèmes d’information et dess services - DSI University of Geneva
Religions et gouvernance globale: comprendre, négocier et gérer la diversité culturelle et religieuse... University of Geneva
Archéologie classique. De Rome à Constantinople. Art et archéologie du monde romain University of Geneva
Chemistry is one of Switzerland’s model industries. The excellent education and the high level of cooperation between the private sector, academic institutions, investors and authorities attracts researchers and companies from all over the world.
Web Portals in Chemistry
- Swiss Portal to organic chemistry:Find everything about organic chemistry at organische-chemie.ch
- The Organic Chemistry Portal offers an overview of recent topics, interesting reactions, and information on the most important chemicals.
- Find information about organic synthesis on the german webpage internetchemie (also in english).
Societies and Organisations
- The Swiss Chemical Society represents chemistry in the broadest sense in Switzerland and in international organizations.
- SGCI Chemie Pharma Schweiz is the umbrella organisation of the chemical and pharmaceutical industry across the whole of Switzerland. Its 180 member companies are active mainly in the research, development, production or sale of pharmaceutical specialities, vitamins, industrial speciality chemicals, plant protection products as well as aromas and fragrances.
Conferences and News
- Find worldwide conferences, exhibitions and trade fairs about chemistry at Chemistry-Conference.
- The online magazine Analytic News provides news and information for analytic laboratories.
2011: International Year of Chemistry
The International Year of Chemistry 2011 ( IYC 2011) was a worldwide celebration of the achievements of chemistry and its contributions to the well-being of humankind. It is an initiative of IUPAC , the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry, and of UNESCO , the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. It involves chemical societies, academies, and institutions worldwide, and relies on individual initiatives to organize local and regional activities. Switzerland’s labs were participating offering a range of interactive, entertaining, and educational activities for all ages.
Last job offers
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 23.6
Bildungsforscher/-in und Dozent/-in 60-80%
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 23.6
Schwerpunktleiter/in Technische Bildung (80-100 %)
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 22.6
- Business/Economics - 21.6
Tenure Track Assistant Professor or Full Professor in Innovation Management