- Physics - Feb 14 Measuring entropy
- Chemistry - Feb 7 Tiny organisms with a massive impact
- Microtechnics - Jan 30 Temperature sensor for artificial skin
- Physics - Jan 23 Higher methane yield from bio- waste
- Environment - Jan 19 Hot on the heels of cement’s formulae
- Physics - Jan 12 Creating the tiniest structures
- Chemistry - Jan 3 Chemically Modified Insulin Is Available More Quickly
- Civil Engineering - Dec 21 A unique additive for the ideal concrete
Assistant Professor (tenure track) in Biochemistry University of Geneva
Postdoctoral fellow in Macromolecular Engineering of Responsive Hydrogels Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Postdoctoral Fellow - Ocular Drug Delivery Roche, Basel
Postdoctoral position: simple assays for the molecular identification of mosquitoes University of Zurich
Postdoc (Team Leader) position in processing science and technology for advanced thermoplastic polymer... Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Postdoctoral Fellow Position in Biophysical Chemistry of Chromatin EPFL, Lausanne
Chimie et Toxicologie Analytiques ccCTA Centre de Compétence en Chimie et Toxicologie Analytiques
Gestion culturelle University of Geneva
Justice juvénile University of Geneva
Patrimoine viticole et vignobles romands University of Geneva
Chemistry is one of Switzerland’s model industries. The excellent education and the high level of cooperation between the private sector, academic institutions, investors and authorities attracts researchers and companies from all over the world.
Web Portals in Chemistry
- Swiss Portal to organic chemistry:Find everything about organic chemistry at organische-chemie.ch
- The Organic Chemistry Portal offers an overview of recent topics, interesting reactions, and information on the most important chemicals.
- Find information about organic synthesis on the german webpage internetchemie (also in english).
Societies and Organisations
- The Swiss Chemical Society represents chemistry in the broadest sense in Switzerland and in international organizations.
- SGCI Chemie Pharma Schweiz is the umbrella organisation of the chemical and pharmaceutical industry across the whole of Switzerland. Its 180 member companies are active mainly in the research, development, production or sale of pharmaceutical specialities, vitamins, industrial speciality chemicals, plant protection products as well as aromas and fragrances.
Conferences and News
- Find worldwide conferences, exhibitions and trade fairs about chemistry at Chemistry-Conference.
- The online magazine Analytic News provides news and information for analytic laboratories.
2011: International Year of Chemistry
The International Year of Chemistry 2011 ( IYC 2011) was a worldwide celebration of the achievements of chemistry and its contributions to the well-being of humankind. It is an initiative of IUPAC , the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry, and of UNESCO , the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. It involves chemical societies, academies, and institutions worldwide, and relies on individual initiatives to organize local and regional activities. Switzerland’s labs were participating offering a range of interactive, entertaining, and educational activities for all ages.
Last job offers
- Physics/Materials Science - 22.2
Experimental Physicist High Power Switchgear
- Social Sciences - 21.2
Dozent/in und Projektleiter/in (70-80%)
- Interdisciplinary - 21.2
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in 80-100%
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 21.2
Junior Researcher dans le champ de recherche "Profils professionnels"