- Chemistry - 08:00 An ultrafast light source in a laboratory format
- Physics - Jan 12 Creating the tiniest structures
- Chemistry - Jan 3 Chemically Modified Insulin Is Available More Quickly
- Civil Engineering - Dec 21 A unique additive for the ideal concrete
- Chemistry - Dec 12 In the focus of the protons
- Chemistry - Dec 8 Space age material for the masses
- Physics - Dec 6 Brilliance in cutting- edge research
- Medicine - Dec 5 Novartis data shows Treatment- free Remission rates are consistently above 50% regardless of reason for switch to Tasigna from Glivec
Assistant Professor in Molecular Plant Sciences University of Geneva
Assistant Professor (tenure track) in Biochemistry University of Geneva
Postdoctoral position: functional proteomics of immune checkpoint signaling Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Postdoctoral position to study the processes involved in immune cell activation University of Basel
Postdoc researcher in nanoparticle-based fabrication of flat photonic devices Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Post-doctoral researcher position University of Lausanne
Journée de droit fiscal University of Geneva
Archéologie classique. De Troie à Alexandrie. Art et archéologie du monde grec University of Geneva
Gestion culturelle University of Geneva
MAS ETH in Architecture, Real Estate, Construction (MAS ETH ARC) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Chemistry is one of Switzerland’s model industries. The excellent education and the high level of cooperation between the private sector, academic institutions, investors and authorities attracts researchers and companies from all over the world.
Web Portals in Chemistry
- Swiss Portal to organic chemistry:Find everything about organic chemistry at organische-chemie.ch
- The Organic Chemistry Portal offers an overview of recent topics, interesting reactions, and information on the most important chemicals.
- Find information about organic synthesis on the german webpage internetchemie (also in english).
Societies and Organisations
- The Swiss Chemical Society represents chemistry in the broadest sense in Switzerland and in international organizations.
- SGCI Chemie Pharma Schweiz is the umbrella organisation of the chemical and pharmaceutical industry across the whole of Switzerland. Its 180 member companies are active mainly in the research, development, production or sale of pharmaceutical specialities, vitamins, industrial speciality chemicals, plant protection products as well as aromas and fragrances.
Conferences and News
- Find worldwide conferences, exhibitions and trade fairs about chemistry at Chemistry-Conference.
- The online magazine Analytic News provides news and information for analytic laboratories.
2011: International Year of Chemistry
The International Year of Chemistry 2011 ( IYC 2011) was a worldwide celebration of the achievements of chemistry and its contributions to the well-being of humankind. It is an initiative of IUPAC , the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry, and of UNESCO , the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. It involves chemical societies, academies, and institutions worldwide, and relies on individual initiatives to organize local and regional activities. Switzerland’s labs were participating offering a range of interactive, entertaining, and educational activities for all ages.
Last job offers
- Mathematics - 17.1
Wissensch. Mitarbeiter/in Mathematikdidaktik (30 %)
- Architecture - 14.1
Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin / Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter Design und Konstruktion Solarer Fassaden...
- Architecture - 13.1
Professur für Architektur und Konstruktion/ Professur für Architektur und Entwurf
- Administration/Government - 16.1