Two Years after Rosetta
Bernhard Wehrli new Director of Studies at ETH
A Fatty Acid Oxidation- Dependent Metabolic Shift Regulates Adult Neural Stem Cell Activity
Prof. Janet Hering re-elected by the Federal Council
Helping fuel cells make their
"move" through to the next round
New Novartis data presented at ASCO find nearly half of CML patients treated with Tasigna remain in remission almost three years after stopping therapy
Designer cells: artificial enzyme can activate a gene switch
Quantum dots are true all-rounders. These material structures, which are only a few nanometers in size, display a similar behavior to that of molecules or atoms, and their form, size and number of electrons can be modulated systematically.
EPFL chemists have developed a method that can significantly increase the yield of sugars from plants, improving the production of renewable fuels, chemicals, and materials.
Assistant professor (tenure track) in experimental physical chemistry (Spectroscopy) University of Geneva
PhD position in ozone layer modeling Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
PhD Candidate position in plant biology University of Zurich
PhD position in atmospheric organic chemistry (100%) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
PhD in Molecular Chemistry /Physical Chemistry - to conduct interdisciplinary research in Supramolecular Chemistry (100%) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
PhD Candidate position: Nanoscale systems IBM Zurich Research Laboratory
CAS ETH in Mobilität der Zukunft: Systemaspekte Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
CAS Klinische Pharmazie Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
MAS ETH in Architecture and Digital Fabrication (MAS ETH DFAB) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
MAS ETH in Architecture, Real Estate, Construction (MAS ETH ARC) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Chemistry is one of Switzerland’s model industries. The excellent education and the high level of cooperation between the private sector, academic institutions, investors and authorities attracts researchers and companies from all over the world.
Web Portals in Chemistry
- Swiss Portal to organic chemistry:Find everything about organic chemistry at organische-chemie.ch
- The Organic Chemistry Portal offers an overview of recent topics, interesting reactions, and information on the most important chemicals.
- Find information about organic synthesis on the german webpage internetchemie (also in english).
Societies and Organisations
- The Swiss Chemical Society represents chemistry in the broadest sense in Switzerland and in international organizations.
- SGCI Chemie Pharma Schweiz is the umbrella organisation of the chemical and pharmaceutical industry across the whole of Switzerland. Its 180 member companies are active mainly in the research, development, production or sale of pharmaceutical specialities, vitamins, industrial speciality chemicals, plant protection products as well as aromas and fragrances.
Conferences and News
- Find worldwide conferences, exhibitions and trade fairs about chemistry at Chemistry-Conference.
- The online magazine Analytic News provides news and information for analytic laboratories.
2011: International Year of Chemistry
The International Year of Chemistry 2011 ( IYC 2011) was a worldwide celebration of the achievements of chemistry and its contributions to the well-being of humankind. It is an initiative of IUPAC , the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry, and of UNESCO , the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. It involves chemical societies, academies, and institutions worldwide, and relies on individual initiatives to organize local and regional activities. Switzerland’s labs were participating offering a range of interactive, entertaining, and educational activities for all ages.
Last job offers
- Life Sciences - 12.10
Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin / Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter Vollzug nichtionisierende Strahlung
- Business/Economics - 12.10
Studiengangsleiter/in Bachelor of Business Administration (80-100%)
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 15.10
Fachreferentin / Fachreferent Gesundheitsberufe
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 15.10
Head of Department Education & Training (at least 50%)