It has recently become clear just how important membraneless organelles are for cells. Now biochemists at ETH Zurich have discovered a novel mechanism that regulates the formation of these organelles.
Markus Niederberger's team of researchers at ETH has used stretchable materials to develop a battery that can be bent, stretched and twisted.
Vacuums are a vital part of the processes - such as freeze-drying - used to make and preserve countless everyday items and must be measured with precision.
Electronics built from molecules could open up new possibilities in the miniaturization of circuits in the future.
Professor/in In-Vitro- und Molekulare Diagnostik (80–100 %) Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz FHNW, Basel
PhD-position in synthetic chemistry / protein modification University of Basel
Postdoctoral positions in chemical synthesis and in-situ characterization Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Postdoc Ingenieurgeodäsie Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
PhD Candidate Position in Organic and Supramolecular Chemistry University of Zurich
PhD Candidate University of Zurich
MAS ETH in Applied Technology (MAS ETH AT) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
CAS ETH in Mobilität der Zukunft: Neue Geschäftsmodelle Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Life Sciences Product Management EPFL, Lausanne
CAS ETH in Naturgefahren-Risikomanagement (CAS ETH NGRM) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Chemistry is one of Switzerland’s model industries. The excellent education and the high level of cooperation between the private sector, academic institutions, investors and authorities attracts researchers and companies from all over the world.
Web Portals in Chemistry
- Swiss Portal to organic chemistry:Find everything about organic chemistry at organische-chemie.ch
- The Organic Chemistry Portal offers an overview of recent topics, interesting reactions, and information on the most important chemicals.
- Find information about organic synthesis on the german webpage internetchemie (also in english).
Societies and Organisations
- The Swiss Chemical Society represents chemistry in the broadest sense in Switzerland and in international organizations.
- SGCI Chemie Pharma Schweiz is the umbrella organisation of the chemical and pharmaceutical industry across the whole of Switzerland. Its 180 member companies are active mainly in the research, development, production or sale of pharmaceutical specialities, vitamins, industrial speciality chemicals, plant protection products as well as aromas and fragrances.
Conferences and News
- Find worldwide conferences, exhibitions and trade fairs about chemistry at Chemistry-Conference.
- The online magazine Analytic News provides news and information for analytic laboratories.
2011: International Year of Chemistry
The International Year of Chemistry 2011 ( IYC 2011) was a worldwide celebration of the achievements of chemistry and its contributions to the well-being of humankind. It is an initiative of IUPAC , the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry, and of UNESCO , the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. It involves chemical societies, academies, and institutions worldwide, and relies on individual initiatives to organize local and regional activities. Switzerland’s labs were participating offering a range of interactive, entertaining, and educational activities for all ages.
Last job offers
- Administration - 14.10
Mitarbeiterin / Mitarbeiter Grants Office (80-100 %)
- Law - 12.10
Professur (Associate/Full Professor/in) für Wirtschaftsstrafrecht, Compliance und Digitalisierung (100 %)
- Life Sciences - 10.10
Become a Principal Investigator at CeMM
- Social Sciences - 10.10
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in (60−80 %) Kinder- und Jugendhilfe mit Schwerpunkt Schulsozialarbeit
- Health - 10.10
Postdoc/ Senior Researcher with Strong Quantitative Skills for Health Economics and Healthcare Management Research
- Social Sciences - 10.10
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in (50−60 %) Schwerpunkt Organisationaler Wandel
- Pedagogy - 12.10
Mitarbeiterin / Mitarbeiter Hochschuldidaktik für den Schwerpunkt Prüfen (70% - 90%) 70% - 90%
- Social Sciences - 11.10
Wissenschaftliche*r Mitarbeiter*in (w/m/d)