Natural products, or their close derivatives, make some of our most potent medicines, among which macrocycles with their large carbon-rich ring systems are one class.
Researchers at ETH Zurich have developed a process that can provide conclusive evidence with regard to modern fakes of paintings, even in cases where the forger used old materials.
Huge floating solar islands on the ocean that produce enough energy to enable CO2-neutral global freight traffic - what sounds like "science fiction" researchers from ETH Zurich, the Paul Scherrer In
Cancerous tumors can be made to bioluminesce, like fireflies, according to the level of their glucose uptake, giving rise to a technique for quantifying metabolite absorption.
Project Manager Enzyme Engineering (100 %) ZHAW Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften, Wädenswil
Professorin / Professor für Umwelttechnik und Klimaschutz HSR Hochschule für Technik Rapperswil, Rapperswil-Jona
Research Assistant (100%) in Biomaterials Additive Manufacturing Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
PhD position in tailored CO2 Hydrogenation Catalysts for Selective Methanol Synthesis via Structure-Activity Relationship... Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Chemistry is one of Switzerland’s model industries. The excellent education and the high level of cooperation between the private sector, academic institutions, investors and authorities attracts researchers and companies from all over the world.
Web Portals in Chemistry
- Swiss Portal to organic chemistry:Find everything about organic chemistry at organische-chemie.ch
- The Organic Chemistry Portal offers an overview of recent topics, interesting reactions, and information on the most important chemicals.
- Find information about organic synthesis on the german webpage internetchemie (also in english).
Societies and Organisations
- The Swiss Chemical Society represents chemistry in the broadest sense in Switzerland and in international organizations.
- SGCI Chemie Pharma Schweiz is the umbrella organisation of the chemical and pharmaceutical industry across the whole of Switzerland. Its 180 member companies are active mainly in the research, development, production or sale of pharmaceutical specialities, vitamins, industrial speciality chemicals, plant protection products as well as aromas and fragrances.
Conferences and News
- Find worldwide conferences, exhibitions and trade fairs about chemistry at Chemistry-Conference.
- The online magazine Analytic News provides news and information for analytic laboratories.
2011: International Year of Chemistry
The International Year of Chemistry 2011 ( IYC 2011) was a worldwide celebration of the achievements of chemistry and its contributions to the well-being of humankind. It is an initiative of IUPAC , the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry, and of UNESCO , the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. It involves chemical societies, academies, and institutions worldwide, and relies on individual initiatives to organize local and regional activities. Switzerland’s labs were participating offering a range of interactive, entertaining, and educational activities for all ages.
Last job offers
- Mechanical Engineering - 17.6
Forschungsassistent/-in Maschinenbau / Produktentwicklung für Industrieprojekte (60-100%)
- Social Sciences - 16.6
Doctorant-e FNS en Sociologie - Université de Fribourg (Suisse)
- Social Sciences - 16.6
1 SNF PhD position in Sociology - University of Fribourg (Switzerland)
- Environment - 15.6
Leiter/in Bereich Forschung und Monitoring
- Agronomy/Food Science - 14.6
Leiter/in strategischer Forschungsbereich
- Health - 14.6
Professeur-e HES associé-e en santé digitale
- Health - 14.6
Professeur-e HES associé-e - Enseignement dans le domaine des sciences humaines
- Computer Science/Telecom - 13.6
Dozentin / Dozent mit Schwerpunkt Open Data in den Anwendungsgebieten Mobilität / Tourismus (80-100%)