- Physics - Dec 4 Five ETH projects funded
- Chemistry - Nov 30 Fabian Wahl to Take Charge of ’Food Microbial Systems’ Research Division
- Physics - Nov 29 A transistor of graphene nanoribbons
- Chemistry - Nov 29 The key to chemical transformations
- Chemistry - Nov 23 Batteries with better performance and
- Physics - Nov 14 Alloys from the laser printer
- Chemistry - Nov 7 Wood goes high- tech
- Physics - Oct 24 Stress test passed
Postdoctoral Researcher in Computational Chemistry Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Postdoctoral/PhD position to study the processes involved in immune cell activation 100% University of Basel
PhD position in biological data integration Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Post-doctoral Fellow in Neuronal microRNA Research Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Post-doc with experience in microfluidics EPFL, Lausanne
PhD Candidate position - in silico design of catalysts University of Zurich
Essentials of Bayesian networks in forensic science EPFL, Lausanne
Essentials of DNA interpretation EPFL, Lausanne
Essentials of forensic interpretation EPFL, Lausanne
Statistics and the Evaluation of Forensic Evidence EPFL, Lausanne
Chemistry is one of Switzerland’s model industries. The excellent education and the high level of cooperation between the private sector, academic institutions, investors and authorities attracts researchers and companies from all over the world.
Web Portals in Chemistry
- Swiss Portal to organic chemistry:Find everything about organic chemistry at organische-chemie.ch
- The Organic Chemistry Portal offers an overview of recent topics, interesting reactions, and information on the most important chemicals.
- Find information about organic synthesis on the german webpage internetchemie (also in english).
Societies and Organisations
- The Swiss Chemical Society represents chemistry in the broadest sense in Switzerland and in international organizations.
- SGCI Chemie Pharma Schweiz is the umbrella organisation of the chemical and pharmaceutical industry across the whole of Switzerland. Its 180 member companies are active mainly in the research, development, production or sale of pharmaceutical specialities, vitamins, industrial speciality chemicals, plant protection products as well as aromas and fragrances.
Conferences and News
- Find worldwide conferences, exhibitions and trade fairs about chemistry at Chemistry-Conference.
- The online magazine Analytic News provides news and information for analytic laboratories.
2011: International Year of Chemistry
The International Year of Chemistry 2011 ( IYC 2011) was a worldwide celebration of the achievements of chemistry and its contributions to the well-being of humankind. It is an initiative of IUPAC , the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry, and of UNESCO , the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. It involves chemical societies, academies, and institutions worldwide, and relies on individual initiatives to organize local and regional activities. Switzerland’s labs were participating offering a range of interactive, entertaining, and educational activities for all ages.
Last job offers
- Administration/Government - 14.12
Wissenschaftlich-technische Mitarbeiterin und Projektleiterin / Wissenschaftlich-technischer Mitarbeiter...
- Business/Economics - 14.12
Un-e Chargé-e de cours HES en Management durable expert-e en Responsabilité Sociétale de l’Entreprise...
- Physics/Materials Science - 13.12
Wissensch. Mitarbeiter/in Physikdidaktik (20−40 %)
- Social Sciences - 11.12
Verantwortliche Forschung & Entwicklung EQUAM Stiftung