When researchers make a new discovery, they tend to only publish the results of their successful experiments.
Molecules are usually formed in reaction vessels or laboratory flasks. An Empa research team has now succeeded in producing molecules between two microscopically small, movable gold tips - in a sense as a "hand-knitted" unique specimen.
Ingenieure (w/m) und Naturwissenschaftler (w/m) im Chemie-, Pharma – und verwandten Bereichen – Laufbahn als Europäische... European Patent Office, Den Haag/München
PhD position on zinc and cadmium transfer from soil to wheat Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
PhD Candidate in Mass Spectrometry Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Cell Biologist (Postdoctoral Associate or Senior Scientist) University of Zurich
PhD Candidate position in theoretical / computational chemistry University of Zurich
Postdoc position in development and characterization of model CO2 sorbents Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Chemistry is one of Switzerland’s model industries. The excellent education and the high level of cooperation between the private sector, academic institutions, investors and authorities attracts researchers and companies from all over the world.
Web Portals in Chemistry
- Swiss Portal to organic chemistry:Find everything about organic chemistry at organische-chemie.ch
- The Organic Chemistry Portal offers an overview of recent topics, interesting reactions, and information on the most important chemicals.
- Find information about organic synthesis on the german webpage internetchemie (also in english).
Societies and Organisations
- The Swiss Chemical Society represents chemistry in the broadest sense in Switzerland and in international organizations.
- SGCI Chemie Pharma Schweiz is the umbrella organisation of the chemical and pharmaceutical industry across the whole of Switzerland. Its 180 member companies are active mainly in the research, development, production or sale of pharmaceutical specialities, vitamins, industrial speciality chemicals, plant protection products as well as aromas and fragrances.
Conferences and News
- Find worldwide conferences, exhibitions and trade fairs about chemistry at Chemistry-Conference.
- The online magazine Analytic News provides news and information for analytic laboratories.
2011: International Year of Chemistry
The International Year of Chemistry 2011 ( IYC 2011) was a worldwide celebration of the achievements of chemistry and its contributions to the well-being of humankind. It is an initiative of IUPAC , the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry, and of UNESCO , the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. It involves chemical societies, academies, and institutions worldwide, and relies on individual initiatives to organize local and regional activities. Switzerland’s labs were participating offering a range of interactive, entertaining, and educational activities for all ages.
Last job offers
- Electroengineering - 15.2
Studiengangleiter/in BSc Energy Systems Engineering (100%)
- Computer Science/Telecom - 15.2
Professeur-e associé-e (HEPIA ou HEG), responsable de la stratégie digitale de la HES-SO Genève
- Innovation/Technology - 15.2
Projektleiter für Thermophotovoltaik (TPV)
- Business/Economics - 14.2
Doktoranden im Bereich Banking mit Fokus auf FinTech / Digital Banking (70-85%)