Porous metal-organic frameworks (MOFs) have many applications like carbon capture and water-cleaning.
Chemists at EPFL have developed an efficient process for converting carbon dioxide into carbon monoxide, a key ingredient of synthetic fuels and materials.
Researchers at the Paul Scherrer Institute PSI have used the Swiss Light Source SLS to record a molecular energy machine in action and thus to reveal how energy production at cell membranes works.
Natural products, or their close derivatives, make some of our most potent medicines, among which macrocycles with their large carbon-rich ring systems are one class.
Manager/in Qualitätssicherung Senn Chemicals AG, Dielsdorf
Research Associate for Laboratory Automatization Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften ZHAW, Wädenswil
Fachgruppenleitung Naturstoffchemie und Phytopharmazie (50 - 70 %) ZHAW Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften, Wädenswil
PhD position in tailored CO2 Hydrogenation Catalysts for Selective Methanol Synthesis via Structure-Activity Relationship... Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Doctoral Candidate in supramolecular polymeric materials Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
PhD Candidate position in theoretical / computational chemistry University of Zurich
CAS ETH in Räumliche Informationssysteme (CAS ETH RIS) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
MAS ETH in Applied Technology (MAS ETH AT) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
CAS ETH in Mobilität der Zukunft: Neue Geschäftsmodelle Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Chemistry is one of Switzerland’s model industries. The excellent education and the high level of cooperation between the private sector, academic institutions, investors and authorities attracts researchers and companies from all over the world.
Web Portals in Chemistry
- Swiss Portal to organic chemistry:Find everything about organic chemistry at organische-chemie.ch
- The Organic Chemistry Portal offers an overview of recent topics, interesting reactions, and information on the most important chemicals.
- Find information about organic synthesis on the german webpage internetchemie (also in english).
Societies and Organisations
- The Swiss Chemical Society represents chemistry in the broadest sense in Switzerland and in international organizations.
- SGCI Chemie Pharma Schweiz is the umbrella organisation of the chemical and pharmaceutical industry across the whole of Switzerland. Its 180 member companies are active mainly in the research, development, production or sale of pharmaceutical specialities, vitamins, industrial speciality chemicals, plant protection products as well as aromas and fragrances.
Conferences and News
- Find worldwide conferences, exhibitions and trade fairs about chemistry at Chemistry-Conference.
- The online magazine Analytic News provides news and information for analytic laboratories.
2011: International Year of Chemistry
The International Year of Chemistry 2011 ( IYC 2011) was a worldwide celebration of the achievements of chemistry and its contributions to the well-being of humankind. It is an initiative of IUPAC , the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry, and of UNESCO , the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. It involves chemical societies, academies, and institutions worldwide, and relies on individual initiatives to organize local and regional activities. Switzerland’s labs were participating offering a range of interactive, entertaining, and educational activities for all ages.
Last job offers
- Environment - 14.8
Wissenschaftliche/n Mitarbeitende/n Gebäude-Energie-Systeme
- Physics - 13.8
Remote Sensing Scientist – Optical Radiative Transfer (VN 19/40)
- Life Sciences - 13.8
Scientific Officer in Genomics Technology Development
- Art and Design - 16.8
Kunst- bzw. Architekturhistoriker*in
- Business/Economics - 16.8
PhD Candidate Position in Digital Interactions and Marketing (100%)
- Environment - 15.8
PhD 1.B position in Earth System Science: ’Understanding common pool resource dynamics through mathematical modelling...
- Life Sciences - 15.8
Doktorandin / Doktoranden (w/m/d)
- Computer Science/Telecom - 15.8
Data Scientist - Industry Projects (W/M)