- Chemistry - Apr 6 Second beamline for SwissFEL
- Chemistry - Mar 30 Observing chemical reactions in real
- Chemistry - Mar 22 Rare Earths Become Water- repellent Only as They Age
- Physics - Mar 17 Hydrogen inclusions mapped in high- resolution and in 3D
- Earth Sciences - Mar 16 The dream of building bridges
- Physics - Mar 2 X-ray pulses make atomic oscillations
- Life Sciences - Mar 1 Researchers Imitate Molecular Crowding in Cells
- Physics - Feb 14 Measuring entropy
Postdoctoral position in synthesis of two-dimensional nanoporous materials EPFL, Sion
Doktorand/in Funktionelle Materialien ZHAW Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften, Wädenswil
Two PhD positions in computational / theoretical chemistry University of Zurich
Postdoctoral Researcher in Behavioral / Molecular Toxicology EAWAG, Dübendorf
Two-year Postdoctoral Position, in Applied Ecotoxicology and, Analytical Chemistry EAWAG, Dübendorf
Post-doctoral position (Biologist / Biochemist) developing radioactive imaging agents targeting cancer... University of Zurich
MAS ETH in Architecture, Real Estate, Construction (MAS ETH ARC) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
CAS - Water Governance: frameworks and negotiation University of Geneva
Geomatics for a Sustainable Environment University of Geneva
Thèmes et échelles de l’urbanisme University of Geneva
Chemistry is one of Switzerland’s model industries. The excellent education and the high level of cooperation between the private sector, academic institutions, investors and authorities attracts researchers and companies from all over the world.
Web Portals in Chemistry
- Swiss Portal to organic chemistry:Find everything about organic chemistry at organische-chemie.ch
- The Organic Chemistry Portal offers an overview of recent topics, interesting reactions, and information on the most important chemicals.
- Find information about organic synthesis on the german webpage internetchemie (also in english).
Societies and Organisations
- The Swiss Chemical Society represents chemistry in the broadest sense in Switzerland and in international organizations.
- SGCI Chemie Pharma Schweiz is the umbrella organisation of the chemical and pharmaceutical industry across the whole of Switzerland. Its 180 member companies are active mainly in the research, development, production or sale of pharmaceutical specialities, vitamins, industrial speciality chemicals, plant protection products as well as aromas and fragrances.
Conferences and News
- Find worldwide conferences, exhibitions and trade fairs about chemistry at Chemistry-Conference.
- The online magazine Analytic News provides news and information for analytic laboratories.
2011: International Year of Chemistry
The International Year of Chemistry 2011 ( IYC 2011) was a worldwide celebration of the achievements of chemistry and its contributions to the well-being of humankind. It is an initiative of IUPAC , the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry, and of UNESCO , the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. It involves chemical societies, academies, and institutions worldwide, and relies on individual initiatives to organize local and regional activities. Switzerland’s labs were participating offering a range of interactive, entertaining, and educational activities for all ages.
Last job offers
- Mathematics - 26.4
Wissensch. Mitarbeiter/in Mathematikdidaktik (60–70 %)
- Computer Science/Telecom - 25.4
Senior Scientist in Machine Learning / Data Analytic
- Business/Economics - 25.4
Chargé-e de cours HES en stratégie
- Business/Economics - 25.4
HES lecturer in Business Strategy