- Physics - Apr 17 Hydrogen as a pedalling aid
- Physics - Apr 9 The fight for clean emissions continues
- Chemistry - Mar 15 Removing heavy metals from water
- Physics - Feb 15 Profitable for both sides
- Physics - Jan 22 Optical Nanoscope Allows Imaging of Quantum Dots
- Physics - Jan 18 Looking beyond the horizon
- Medicine - Dec 22 Novartis drug Tasigna is approved by FDA as first and only CML therapy with Treatment- free Remission data in its label
- Physics - Dec 12 StructuralNavigation Title
EPFL scientists have completed the fastidious task of analyzing 27 dwarf galaxies in detail, identifying the conditions under which they were formed and how they've since evolved.
A team including physicists from the University of Basel has succeeded in using atomic force microscopy to clearly obtain images of individual impurity atoms in graphene ribbons.
Wissenschaftliche/r Assistierende/r Mikrobiologie und Biofilme (80 - 100 %) ZHAW Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften, Wädenswil
PhD Position Environmental fate of perovskite photovoltaics University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland
PostDoc Speciation of selenium in reducing environments University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland
Labortechniker/in Umwelt(bio)technologie Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz FHNW, Muttenz
PhD Candidate in situ Nanospectroscopy Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
PhD position in Biology (molecular, cellular, developmental, genetics) University of Zurich
Chemistry is one of Switzerland’s model industries. The excellent education and the high level of cooperation between the private sector, academic institutions, investors and authorities attracts researchers and companies from all over the world.
Web Portals in Chemistry
- Swiss Portal to organic chemistry:Find everything about organic chemistry at organische-chemie.ch
- The Organic Chemistry Portal offers an overview of recent topics, interesting reactions, and information on the most important chemicals.
- Find information about organic synthesis on the german webpage internetchemie (also in english).
Societies and Organisations
- The Swiss Chemical Society represents chemistry in the broadest sense in Switzerland and in international organizations.
- SGCI Chemie Pharma Schweiz is the umbrella organisation of the chemical and pharmaceutical industry across the whole of Switzerland. Its 180 member companies are active mainly in the research, development, production or sale of pharmaceutical specialities, vitamins, industrial speciality chemicals, plant protection products as well as aromas and fragrances.
Conferences and News
- Find worldwide conferences, exhibitions and trade fairs about chemistry at Chemistry-Conference.
- The online magazine Analytic News provides news and information for analytic laboratories.
2011: International Year of Chemistry
The International Year of Chemistry 2011 ( IYC 2011) was a worldwide celebration of the achievements of chemistry and its contributions to the well-being of humankind. It is an initiative of IUPAC , the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry, and of UNESCO , the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. It involves chemical societies, academies, and institutions worldwide, and relies on individual initiatives to organize local and regional activities. Switzerland’s labs were participating offering a range of interactive, entertaining, and educational activities for all ages.
Last job offers
- Environment - 26.4
Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin / Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter zum Thema Wärmespeicher für Holzheizwerke,...
- Environment - 26.4
Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin / Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter zum Thema Sensoren zur Feuerungsregelung,...
- Philosophy - 26.4
PROFESSEUR-E ordinaire ou associé-e en humanités numériques
- Life Sciences - 26.4
Scientist – Biologics Process Development (Protein analytics)