Interdisciplinary research is vital for industry and society: understanding phenomena, mastering processes and developing leading edge research tools and techniques. In Switzerland, interdisciplinary approaches integrating different technologies, sciences or disciplines are more and more involved.
Interdisciplinary research institutions
W.I.R.E. is an independent think tank in Switzerland which analyses global developments in trade and industry, society and the life sciences. The focus is on new markets, technologies, social trends and business models.
Funding of interdisciplinary research projects
- The Swiss National Science Foundation SNSF supports interdisciplinary research projects as well as the EU’s Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development (FP).
- Several foundations finance interdisciplinary research project. Look at our foundation list.
- Also a lot of research groups at Swiss universities are active in interdisciplinary research. Ask directly researchers who are active in your field of interest.
Last job offers
- Chemistry - 17.12
Research Assistant / Post-doc for Polymer Nanoparticle Synthesis (100 %)
- Health - 17.12
PROFESSEUR-E ASSOCIE-E ou ORDINAIRE Chef-fe de la Division de médecine dentaire régénérative et de parodontologie
- Electroengineering - 14.12
Passive Microwave and Radio Occultation Competence Area Manager (VN18 71)
- Health - 14.12
PROFESSEUR-E ORDINAIRE ou ASSOCIE-E en santé publique et action humanitaire
- Computer Science/Telecom - 14.12
2 research assistants at the Hilti Chair for Data and Application Security
- Psychology - 14.12
1 PhD Candidate position
- Careers/Employment - 14.12
- Law/Forensics - 14.12
Akademischen Mitarbeiterin / Akademischen Mitarbeiters (Entgeltgruppe 13 TV-L / 50 %)