Molecular dynamics simulations represent an increasingly important cornerstone of modern scientific research, thanks to their unparalleled ability to meticulously describe fundamental aspects of complex systems.
ETH researchers have developed a compact infrared spectrometer. It's small enough to fit on a computer chip but can still open up interesting possibilities - in space and in everyday life.
An aerodynamic bike that was designed using software from Neural Concept, a spin-off from the Computer Vision Laboratory (CVLab) in the EPFL School of Computer and Communication Sciences, has broken two world records for cycling speed.
Self-driving cars, the automatic detection of cancer cells, online translation: deep learning makes it all possible.
Dozentin / Dozent für angewandte Mathematik (70-100%) Hochschule Luzern - Informatik
Bioinformatician (100%) Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW
Dozentin / Dozent mit Schwerpunkt Information und Cyber Security (70–100%) Hochschule Luzern
Dozentin / Dozenten Master Digital Ideation (60%) Hochschule Luzern
Collaboratrice / Collaborateur scientifique eHealth Suisse OFSP (Office Fédéral de la Santé Publique), Liebefeld
Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin / Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter eHealth Suisse BAG (Bundesamt für Gesundheit), Liebefeld
MAS ETH in Applied Technology (MAS ETH AT) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
CAS ETH in Mobilität der Zukunft: Neue Geschäftsmodelle Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Life Sciences Product Management EPFL, Lausanne
CAS ETH in Naturgefahren-Risikomanagement (CAS ETH NGRM) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Switzerland has been one of the leading countries in computer applications for a long time. Niklaus Wirth, one of the most brillant scientists of the early computer age and designer of several computer languages like Pascal, Modula or Oberon, is Swiss and has influenced remarkably the development of computer science in Switzerland. Nowadays, many IT applications are an important part of Switzerland’s key industries (e.g. banks, insurances, telecommunication, power systems, chemistry, watches, transportation, tourism etc.).
Research in Computer Science
The Swiss National Supercomputing Centre CSCS develops and promotes technical and scientific services for the Swiss research community in the fields of high-performance computing.
The Istituto Dalle Molle di Studi sull’Intelligenza Artificiale IDSIA is a research institute for artificial intelligence, affiliated with both the Faculty of Informatics of the University of Lugano and the Department of Innovative Technologies of SUPSI, the University of Applied Sciences of Southern Switzerland.
European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics ERCIM aims to foster collaborative work within the European research community and development in the fields of computer science and applied mathematics. Furthermore the consortium is committed to increase the cooperation with European industry. It is based on fourteen leading European research establishments from different European countries.
Computer Science at Universities
Institut d’ingénierie informatique et des télécommunications of the University of Applied Sciences in Geneva.
Department of Engineering and Information Technology of the University of Applied Sciences Bern.
Faculty of Informatics of the University of Lugano.
Department of Innovative Technologies of SUPSI.
School of engineering and architecture of the University of Applied Sciences of Lucerne.
- Sarit, the Swiss Association for Research in Information Technology, supports the scientific network between computer science departments at universities and industry labs. Their webpage provides access to all Swiss IT departments and IT research units in industry as well as to international organizations. Sarit also organises different events in the IT domain.
- ICT switzerland is the umbrella organisation of the most important Swiss associations and organisations in the IT and telecommunication sector. They are aiming at promoting information techonolgy and the business location Switzerland.
- The Swiss Informatics Societe IS (Schweizer Informatik Gesellschaft/Société suisse d’informatique) is the Swiss community of interest for all people interested in computer science.
- The International Federation of Information Processing IFIP is a multinational, apolitical organization in information and communications technologies and sciences. It represents IT Societies from 56 countries or regions and links more than 3500 scientists from Academia and Industry.
- IBM Research Zurich
- Disney Research Zurich
Last job offers
- Earth Sciences - 23.10
Dozent/in für Geologie
- Pedagogy - 23.10
Doktorand/in SNF-Projekt (100 %) „Primarschulen im Spannungsfeld von Inklusion und Bildungsstandards“
- Materials Science - 22.10
Metal Additive Manufacturing PhD Position
- Psychology - 22.10
PhD Students/ Post-Docs in Psychology (75%-100%)
- Pedagogy - 23.10
Wissenschaftliche*n Mitarbeiter*in (w/m/d)
- Environment - 23.10
100% Post-doc Position on Dynamics of Urban Metabolism
- Career - 23.10
ICT Support Specialist (m/w), 100%
- Innovation/Technology - 23.10
Student Assistant - Chair of Applied Economics: Innovation & Internationalization