- Computer Science - Jul 12 Artificial intelligence helps design an ultra- aerodynamic bike
- Innovation - Jun 29 EPFL uses blockchain technology to secure e-voting systems
- Computer Science - Apr 18 A little fold-up joystick brings haptics to portable devices
- Computer Science - Mar 22 Robotic collaboration in timber construction
- Computer Science - Mar 22 Robots work together to build NEST unit
- Computer Science - Mar 1 International Film Festival to Focus on "Faces of (In)Equality,” March 22-April 8
- Computer Science - Mar 1 Proofpoint Acquires CMU spinoff Wombat Security for $225 Million
- Medicine - Mar 1 Tartans Go to the Theater in Second Act of Athletics- Drama Collaboration
The Astronomical Institute of the University of Bern (AIUB) has extended its observatory in Zimmerwald with two additional domed structures, and has renovated a dome.
The CrowdWater project, developed by doctoral candidates from the Department of Geography of the University of Zurich, is a citizen science project in the area of hydrology, the science of water.
Dozentin / Dozenten für Service- und Kundenmanagement mit Fokus Digitalisierung (80-100%) Hochschule Luzern - Wirtschaft
Head of Digitalisation and IT Research in the role of Innovation and Digitalisation Officer (80%–100%) Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH), Basel
Medizinische Informatiker / Bioinformatiker / Naturwissenschaftler (m/w) PTA Unternehmensberatung, Zürich
Postdoc in Automated skin lesion detection and severity classification using image analysis and machine learning LYO-X, Allschwil
Postdoc position - Neural mechanisms of cognition during natural behaviors University of Zurich
PhD position - Neural mechanisms of cognition during natural behaviors University of Zurich
DAS ETH Cyber Security Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
DAS ETH in Data Science (DAS ETH DS) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
DAS ETH in Verkehrsin-genieurwesen (DAS ETH VI) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
CAS ETH in Räumliche Informationssysteme (CAS ETH RIS) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Switzerland has been one of the leading countries in computer applications for a long time. Niklaus Wirth, one of the most brillant scientists of the early computer age and designer of several computer languages like Pascal, Modula or Oberon, is Swiss and has influenced remarkably the development of computer science in Switzerland. Nowadays, many IT applications are an important part of Switzerland’s key industries (e.g. banks, insurances, telecommunication, power systems, chemistry, watches, transportation, tourism etc.).
Research in Computer Science
The Swiss National Supercomputing Centre CSCS develops and promotes technical and scientific services for the Swiss research community in the fields of high-performance computing.
The Istituto Dalle Molle di Studi sull’Intelligenza Artificiale IDSIA is a research institute for artificial intelligence, affiliated with both the Faculty of Informatics of the University of Lugano and the Department of Innovative Technologies of SUPSI, the University of Applied Sciences of Southern Switzerland.
European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics ERCIM aims to foster collaborative work within the European research community and development in the fields of computer science and applied mathematics. Furthermore the consortium is committed to increase the cooperation with European industry. It is based on fourteen leading European research establishments from different European countries.
Computer Science at Universities
Institut d’ingénierie informatique et des télécommunications of the University of Applied Sciences in Geneva.
Department of Engineering and Information Technology of the University of Applied Sciences Bern.
Faculty of Informatics of the University of Lugano.
Department of Innovative Technologies of SUPSI.
School of engineering and architecture of the University of Applied Sciences of Lucerne.
- Sarit, the Swiss Association for Research in Information Technology, supports the scientific network between computer science departments at universities and industry labs. Their webpage provides access to all Swiss IT departments and IT research units in industry as well as to international organizations. Sarit also organises different events in the IT domain.
- ICT switzerland is the umbrella organisation of the most important Swiss associations and organisations in the IT and telecommunication sector. They are aiming at promoting information techonolgy and the business location Switzerland.
- The Swiss Informatics Societe IS (Schweizer Informatik Gesellschaft/Société suisse d’informatique) is the Swiss community of interest for all people interested in computer science.
- The International Federation of Information Processing IFIP is a multinational, apolitical organization in information and communications technologies and sciences. It represents IT Societies from 56 countries or regions and links more than 3500 scientists from Academia and Industry.
- IBM Research Zurich
- Disney Research Zurich
Last job offers
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 16.7
Postdoctoral position: Translating mouse T cell metabolic intervention for immunotherapy in cancer patients
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 16.7
Assistierende / Assistierender
- Pedagogy - 16.7
Assistenz mit Fachausbildung in Schulpsychologie, Entwicklungsdiagnostik, Erziehungsberatung im Themenbereich Frühe Deutschförderung...
- Law/Forensics - 16.7
PhD Candidate/in im Bereich forensische MR-Bildgebung 100%