- Careers - Mar 24 Facilitating innovation in space
- Event - Mar 23 Nicola Spaldin receives L’Oréal- UNESCO For Women in Science award
- Physics - Mar 21 Start with the users
- Computer Science - Mar 16 3-D X-ray imaging makes the finest details of a computer chip visible
- Environment - Mar 14 Honour for Empa Environmental Scientist
- Medicine - Mar 14 Rays of hope for patients
- Physics - Mar 6 Up-and- coming scientists compete at EPFL
- Physics - Mar 2 X-ray pulses make atomic oscillations
physics and nanotechnology
Postdoctoral Fellow - Physicist Paul Scherrer Institut, Villigen PSI
Experimental Physicist High Power Switchgear ABB Switzerland, Baden-Dättwil
Grant Coach / Supporter 80-100% University of Fribourg
Postdoctoral Fellow in Materials Chemistry: Solar Water Splitting University of Zurich
Post-doc in Lymphatic Imaging of the Central Nervous System Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Postdoc / Scientist with Neurobiology and Patch-clamp Background for Electrophysiology Combining Patch... Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Patrimoine viticole et vignobles romands University of Geneva
MAS ETH in Architecture, Real Estate, Construction (MAS ETH ARC) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Summer School in Water Governance: frameworks and negotiation University of Geneva
Geomatics for a Sustainable Environment University of Geneva
Switzerland has been at the forefront of the nanotechnology development curve, contributing enormously to the field through inventions such as the Atomic Force Microscope, the Scanning Tunneling Microscope and many other groundbreaking discoveries like high temperature superconductors. Today, nanotechnology is one of Switzerland’s model industries. The excellent education and the high level of cooperation between the private sector, academic institutions, investors and authorities attracts researchers and nanoscience companies from all over the world.
- These universities have a physics department or a department related to applications in physics: unifr, unil, unige, unibe, unibas, EPFL and ETHZ.
- CERN in Geneva - The European Organization for Nuclear Research, is one of the world’s largest centres for scientific research. Its business is fundamental physics using particle accelerators and detectors.
The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research centre for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. It performs research in Structure of Matter; Energy and the Environment and Human Health. It is an Institute of the ETH Domain .
EMPA is a materials research institute in the ETH Domain, and is active in nanotechnology.
- Swiss Nanoscience Institute SNI in Basel is a network of research groups working in nanoscienes. Several universities and research groups are involved. The SNI combines basic science with application-orientated research.The aim is to research in nanoscale dimensions and to identify and apply pioneering new principles in life sciences, for the sustainable use of resources, and for information and communications technologies. The SNI-webpage provides information about research and events in nanoscience in Switzerland.
The Nanotechnology research program is generating new knowledge, new materials and new applications and is transferring this knowhow to potential users.
Nano-Tera.CH: Le Conseil des EPF a décidé d’allouer 40 millions de francs à l’initiative Nano-Tera.CH. Ce programme est centré sur l’application de micro- et nanotechnologies au design de systèmes embarqués, dans le but d’améliorer les conditions de vie et de sécurité des personnes, par l’observation en temps réel du corps humain et de l’environnement. Le programme est placé sous la coordination du professeur Giovanni de Micheli à l’EPFL.
Web and Societies
The Swiss Physical Society (SPS) understands itself as an open forum of physicists and does not follow any economic interests.
swissphotonics.net or short SLN (Swiss Photonics and Laser Network) is a non-profit association. It is the Swiss national technology platform for photonics and serves as a network for a common vision and growth of the photonics industry.
- Swiss Institute of Particle Physics
Swiss Nanotech Report 2010: Report about recent developments in nanotech industry in Switzerland.
Last job offers
- Business/Economics - 24.3
Postdoctoral position (100%) in Marketing or consumer behavior
- Social Sciences - 24.3
Dozentin / Dozent mit Projektverantwortung im Bereich Sozialmanagement
- Life Sciences - 24.3
2 PhD student positions at the University of Zurich
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 23.3