Today we are "relaunching" our website. The FMI homepage now has a fresh new look with a clear structure, updated content and new features. Please take some time to browse our website, and learn more about the FMI on the way.
The main target audience of our website remains our scientific peers. Therefore, the majority of our content is targeted at students, postdocs, group leaders and other scientists who are interested in joining us, collaborating with us, or simply learning about our results. Additionally, the overview pages and many of the continually updated News and Features on our homepage provide engaging content for a broader audience.
These are some key new features:
- The design is responsive, meaning that the width of the page adapts itself to the screen used; the website should look good on all devices, including mobile phones.
- All pages are print-friendly.
- Our news article now come with an audio version; you can LISTEN to this article for example by clicking the speaker icon at the top of the page.
- The FMI Twitter-feed is featured at the bottom of the homepage.
- The website features a lot of ‘dynamic’ content that is pulled out of databases; this ensures that important content, which is changing on a regular basis (such as upcoming seminars or latest publications), is always up to date.
Now why not get a better understanding of our new design and content by visiting a few pages, for example the Research Group overview , the Technology Platform overview , the MD&PhD Program , the FMI Chronology or the Communications resources pages.
On a side note, the Internet is an important external communications tool for us, but it is not the only one. The FMI also has Twitter , Facebook , LinkedIn , Instagram and YouTube profiles. So, in addition of visiting our website, we encourage you to follow us on social media.
Please let us know if you have any questions or comments about the new site (contact the Head of Communications ). We want to ensure that our website suits the needs of our users.
Have fun surfing!