Innosuisse launches new call for Swiss Accelerator competition

      -       EN   -  DE  -  FR  -  IT
The Swiss Agency for the Promotion of Innovation launches the second call for the Swiss Accelerator. With this promotion program, Innosuisse supports innovation projects of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and start-ups after they enter the market. Applications can be submitted starting today.

The promotion program is open to SMEs with fewer than 250 full-time jobs and start-ups already established in the market. Companies can apply for direct financial support for innovation projects with above-average innovation potential. They must be able to implement and scale new products and services quickly and effectively. In this way, Innosuisse aims to accelerate the growth of highly innovative Swiss companies.

The Swiss Accelerator is a transitional measure for Horizon Europe. Since Switzerland is considered a non-associated third country under the EU Framework Program for Research and Innovation, the Federal Council has entrusted Innosuisse with the implementation of this transitional measure in 2023, as in 2022.

The subsidy given by Innosuisse amounts to a maximum of 70 percent of the project costs. On the other hand, 30 percent of the costs are borne by companies as their own participation. The maximum support per project is 2.5 million Swiss francs. SMEs and start-ups must pass a competitive application process consisting of three stages. In the first stage, summary applications can be submitted from today, Aug. 28, until Oct. 9, 2023 at noon (12 p.m.).

Additional funding offers for companies and startups

Proven innovation projects as part of university-business cooperations continue to be a focus of funding from the Swiss Agency for the Promotion of Innovation. Innosuisse also launched in 2023 a-promotion offer aimed at start-ups that have not yet entered the market: with "innovation projects for start-ups," the agency promotes the market entry of start-ups through direct financial support. Applications can be submitted for both instruments at any time.

Published by

Innosuisse - Swiss agency for the promotion of innovation

Top of page

Shopping cart