CSEM, Swiss Center for Electronics and Microtechnology
Web: CSEM, Swiss Center for Electronics and Microtechnology
CSEM is a private, non-profit research and technology organization (RTO) and a Swiss innovation accelerator - a catalyst for the transfer of technologies and know-how from fundamental research to industry.
CSEM’s success in the field of innovation and its diffusion stems from its promotion of technology-based activities that address the next generation of trends - the future of energy, the Internet of Things revolution, the advent of wearable technologies for wellness and medical applications, or the rendering widespread of machine-to-machine (M2M) communications required by Industry 4.0.
CSEM’s research strategy is built around five strategic programs:
- Microsystems technology - Design, integration, and packaging of devices that sense and monitor our environment and aspects of our daily lives, exploring new frontiers at the interface of nanotechnologies, materials science, and biotechnologies and delivering enhanced performance, miniaturization, and new properties. Microsystems design & process | Microsystems integration & packaging
- Systems engineering - An application-oriented interdisciplinary program with a special emphasis on system integration, systems engineering aggregates different components and subsystems designed to collaborate and deliver targeted functionality, taking into consideration resource limitations (in terms of processing and power consumption), reliability, production cost, maintenance, and environmental conditions. Medical technologies | Scientific instrumentation | Industrial automation
- Ultra-low-power integrated systems - A strong focus on analog and mixed IC design as well as wireless communication and vision technologies, the key technologies required to build very-low-power, wirelessly interconnected, embedded smart systems or remote sensing nodes. System-on-chip design & technology | Wireless & short-range communications | Vision technologies
- Surface engineering - Focuses both on the novel properties of engineered surfaces and interfaces, to deliver breakthrough surface effects, and on their ?up compatible? manufacturing processes, to bridge the gap to industrial applications. Nanosurface engineering | Biosurface engineering | Printed electronics & sensors
- Photovoltaics & energy management - Development, covering the full chain from prospective PV cell and module technologies through fully integrated energy systems, where energy efficiency and management is delivered by intelligent hardware and algorithms. Emerging & thin films photovoltaics | Photovoltaic cells & modules | Energy systems
Job offersJob opportunities at CSEM
- CSEM Scientific & Technical Report 2016
- CSEM pressroom
- CSEM present and future - conferences, exhibitions, symposia, workshops, or lectures
- CSEM publications database
Last job offers
- Psychology - 15.12
- Interdisciplinary - 15.12
Senior Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in
- Innovation/Technology - 15.12
Faculty Position in the History of Science and Technology
- Life Sciences - 15.12
Faculty Position in Computational Neuroscience
- Administration/Government - 14.12
Wissenschaftlich-technische Mitarbeiterin und Projektleiterin / Wissenschaftlich-technischer Mitarbeiter...
- Business/Economics - 14.12
Un-e Chargé-e de cours HES en Management durable expert-e en Responsabilité Sociétale de l’Entreprise...
- Physics/Materials Science - 13.12
Wissensch. Mitarbeiter/in Physikdidaktik (20−40 %)
- Psychology - 15.12