basic rental guide
Practical information to understand real estate offers in Switzerland
- Flats are classified by the number of rooms:1 room, 2 rooms, 2 and half rooms, 3 rooms...
- Kitchen and bathroom do not count as a room. Thus, a 3-room flat has kitchen, bathroom, and 3 rooms.
- « half » means that the flat has a hall or a large corridor.
- In general, flats are not furnished. Only the kitchens are equipped with cooker/oven, fridge, cupboards (but not with dishes or tables)
- In Switzerland, buildings with many apartments have a common laundry room (equipped with washing and drying machines). The use of the laundry is regulated at the building level, you will get fixed days for your washing !