working conditions in switzerland
- Usual working time in Switzerland: 42 hours per week.
- Holidays: At least 4 weeks per year.
- The following days are general holidays: 1st and 2nd of January, Good Friday, Easter, Easter Monday, Pentecost Monday, 1st of August, 25th and 26th of December. Most of the cantons have some additional holidays.
- It depends on your contract if overtime is disbursed or can be compensated.
- Look at our salary section which salary you can expect.
- The following information must be written in your work contract: salary, weekly working time, holidays, organisation of overtime.
Get information about work- and residence permits for
- The State Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO provides information about your rights and your duties if you are working in Switzerland (only in German, French and Italian).
- Swiss Labour Law (only in German, French and Italian).
- Your rights if you are pregnant (only in German and French).
- Unia, Switzerland’s inter-professional trade union.
- networking-for-jobs is a platform helping Swiss expats and third country citizens with a higher education finding a job in Switzerland.
- Travailler-en-Suisse.ch provides information about working in Switzerland (French only).
- www.aufenthalter.ch, www.grenzinfo.de: Several webpages with information about working in Switzerland. Addresses mainly to Germans and border crossers living in Germany (German only).
- jobs.myScience.ch, the job portal for scientists, researchers and academics in Switzerland
Last job offers
- Civil Engineering - 23.10
Research Associate* Urban Physics Modeling
- Materials Science - 23.10
PhD Position (m/f/d) in computational materials science
- Computer Science - 23.10
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in oder Assistent/in Information Security und Privacy 60-100%
- Computer Science - 22.10
Senior Fullstack Entwickler/-in (80-100%)
- Microtechnics - 22.10
R&D Engineer in Optoelectronic Systems (m/f), 80-100%
- Health - 19.10
Clinical Research Coordinator / Wissenschaftliche*r Mitarbeiter*in 60-100% für die Augenklinik
- Health - 16.10
Faculty Position in Infectious Diseases & Immunology
- Agronomy/Food Science - 16.10
Wissenschaftliche(r) Mitarbeiter(in) "Handels- und Marktanalyse"