agronomy and food science
Scientists have been able to sequence the complete genome of common wheat for the first time. The information will enable more effective measures to be taken to combat pests and climate stress in wheat.
Bern, 10.07.2018 - Do you remember what and how much you ate three days ago? This question, which people often struggle to answer accurately, must be addressed by researchers studying the influence of diet on our health.
Leiterin / Leiter Kompetenzbereich "Tiere und tierische Produkte" Agroscope, 1725 Posieux FR
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in Bereich Bodenbiologie / Bodenengineering Agroscope, Zürich
Research & Innovation Advisor / National Contact Point (NCP) for Food, Agriculture and Biotechnology (70-100%) Verein Euresearch, Bern
PhD position on zinc and cadmium transfer from soil to wheat Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Post-Doctoral Researcher - Evaluating Global Food Systems Sustainability Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Doktorand/in Ernährungsverhalten (100%) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Agronomy is the science and technology of using plants for food, fuel, feed, and fiber. Agronomy encompasses work in the areas of plant genetics, plant physiology, meteorology, and soil science. Agronomy is the application of a combination of sciences like biology, chemistry, ecology, earth science, and genetics. Agronomists today are involved with many issues including producing food, creating healthier food, managing environmental impact of agriculture, and creating energy from plants.Agronomists often specialize in areas such as crop rotation, irrigation and drainage, plant breeding, soil classification, soil fertility, weed control, insect and pest control.
- Agroscope belongs to the Swiss Federal Office for Agriculture (FOAG) and prepares the technical and scientific bases for an efficient, sustainable and competitive agriculture.
- The Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL Switzerland) is one of the world’s Leading information and documentation centre for organic agriculture. In the field of research, the FiBL is working to address issues of food quality, animal health, future development, agricultural policy, optimization of farming techniques and crop protection.
- School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences (HAFL) is a University of Applied Sciences who offers an academic education in agricultural, forestry and food sciences. In addition to degree programmes and further education, the Swiss College of Agriculture is active in applied research and renders services for the public and private sectors, both in Switzerland and internationaly.
- The Department of Agricultural and Food Sciences of the Swiss Federal Institut of Technology Zurich focus on the World Food System.
The University of Applied Sciences Changins focus on education and research in viticulture, oenology and arboriculture.
Last job offers
- Electroengineering - 15.2
Studiengangleiter/in BSc Energy Systems Engineering (100%)
- Computer Science/Telecom - 15.2
Professeur-e associé-e (HEPIA ou HEG), responsable de la stratégie digitale de la HES-SO Genève
- Innovation/Technology - 15.2
Projektleiter für Thermophotovoltaik (TPV)
- Business/Economics - 14.2
Doktoranden im Bereich Banking mit Fokus auf FinTech / Digital Banking (70-85%)