agronomy and food science
Bern, 10.07.2018 - Do you remember what and how much you ate three days ago? This question, which people often struggle to answer accurately, must be addressed by researchers studying the influence of diet on our health.
Zurich-Reckenholz, 14.06.2018 - Agroscope researchers investigated the risks and environmental impacts of plant-protection products (PPPs) in Switzerland's main agricultural crops.
Projektleiter/in - Biodiversitätsmonitoring in der Agrarlandschaft Agroscope, 8046 Zürich-Affoltern
Wiss. Mitarbeiterin / Wiss. Mitarbeiter 80% Berner Fachhochschule, Zollikofen
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in landwirtschaftliche Ökobilanzen (80-100%) Agroscope, 8046 Zürich-Affoltern
PhD Candidate for remote-sensing-based crop classification Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
DAS ETH in Verkehrsin-genieurwesen (DAS ETH VI) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
CAS ETH in Räumliche Informationssysteme (CAS ETH RIS) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
CAS ETH in Mobilität der Zukunft: Systemaspekte Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
CAS Klinische Pharmazie Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Agronomy is the science and technology of using plants for food, fuel, feed, and fiber. Agronomy encompasses work in the areas of plant genetics, plant physiology, meteorology, and soil science. Agronomy is the application of a combination of sciences like biology, chemistry, ecology, earth science, and genetics. Agronomists today are involved with many issues including producing food, creating healthier food, managing environmental impact of agriculture, and creating energy from plants.Agronomists often specialize in areas such as crop rotation, irrigation and drainage, plant breeding, soil classification, soil fertility, weed control, insect and pest control.
- Agroscope belongs to the Swiss Federal Office for Agriculture (FOAG) and prepares the technical and scientific bases for an efficient, sustainable and competitive agriculture.
- The Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL Switzerland) is one of the world’s Leading information and documentation centre for organic agriculture. In the field of research, the FiBL is working to address issues of food quality, animal health, future development, agricultural policy, optimization of farming techniques and crop protection.
- School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences (HAFL) is a University of Applied Sciences who offers an academic education in agricultural, forestry and food sciences. In addition to degree programmes and further education, the Swiss College of Agriculture is active in applied research and renders services for the public and private sectors, both in Switzerland and internationaly.
- The Department of Agricultural and Food Sciences of the Swiss Federal Institut of Technology Zurich focus on the World Food System.
The University of Applied Sciences Changins focus on education and research in viticulture, oenology and arboriculture.
Last job offers
- Pedagogy - 18.8
Vizedirektorin / Vizedirektor Forschung (80-100%)
- Interdisciplinary - 17.8
Wiss. Mitarbeiterin / Wiss. Mitarbeiter für den Bereich Forstökonomie 80-100%
- Life Sciences - 19.8
Research Technician (60-100%) with experience in molecular biology techniques
- Medicine/Pharmacology - 17.8