agronomy and food science
Today, scientists of the Institute of Bee Health of the University of Bern and the honeybee research association COLOSS have published an article in the peer-reviewed journal Scientific Reports tha
EPFL's Digital Epidemiology Lab held its first food DNA sequencing workshop last Saturday, in association with SwissDeCode and Hackuarium.
Chimpanzees have a mainly vegetarian diet, but do occasionally eat meat. Researchers at the University of Zurich have now shown for the first time that chimpanzees also eat crabs.
Corinne Boss is the new Head of Agroscope's 'Animals and Products of Animal Origin' Competence Division for Research Technology and Knowledge Transfer; in this capacity, she also becomes a Member of the Agroscope Executive Board.
Wissenschaftlich-technische Mitarbeiterin / Wissenschaftlich-technischer Mitarbeiter Agroscope, 1725 Posieux (FR)
PROFESSEUR HES ASSOCIÉ – PROFESSEURE HES ASSOCIÉE en productions maraîchères HES-SO Genève
PhD position in ’Modelling Phosphorus cycle in EU agricultural soils and assessing land impact and land mitigation... Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
PhD Candidate - Optimization of pulsed electric field processing for bio-based applications Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
CAS ETH in Räumliche Informationssysteme (CAS ETH RIS) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
MAS ETH in Applied Technology (MAS ETH AT) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
CAS ETH in Mobilität der Zukunft: Neue Geschäftsmodelle Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Agronomy is the science and technology of using plants for food, fuel, feed, and fiber. Agronomy encompasses work in the areas of plant genetics, plant physiology, meteorology, and soil science. Agronomy is the application of a combination of sciences like biology, chemistry, ecology, earth science, and genetics. Agronomists today are involved with many issues including producing food, creating healthier food, managing environmental impact of agriculture, and creating energy from plants.Agronomists often specialize in areas such as crop rotation, irrigation and drainage, plant breeding, soil classification, soil fertility, weed control, insect and pest control.
- Agroscope belongs to the Swiss Federal Office for Agriculture (FOAG) and prepares the technical and scientific bases for an efficient, sustainable and competitive agriculture.
- The Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL Switzerland) is one of the world’s Leading information and documentation centre for organic agriculture. In the field of research, the FiBL is working to address issues of food quality, animal health, future development, agricultural policy, optimization of farming techniques and crop protection.
- School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences (HAFL) is a University of Applied Sciences who offers an academic education in agricultural, forestry and food sciences. In addition to degree programmes and further education, the Swiss College of Agriculture is active in applied research and renders services for the public and private sectors, both in Switzerland and internationaly.
- The Department of Agricultural and Food Sciences of the Swiss Federal Institut of Technology Zurich focus on the World Food System.
The University of Applied Sciences Changins focus on education and research in viticulture, oenology and arboriculture.
Last job offers
- Environment - 14.8
Wissenschaftliche/n Mitarbeitende/n Gebäude-Energie-Systeme
- Physics - 13.8
Remote Sensing Scientist – Optical Radiative Transfer (VN 19/40)
- Life Sciences - 13.8
Scientific Officer in Genomics Technology Development
- Art and Design - 16.8
Kunst- bzw. Architekturhistoriker*in
- Business/Economics - 16.8
PhD Candidate Position in Digital Interactions and Marketing (100%)
- Environment - 15.8
PhD 1.B position in Earth System Science: ’Understanding common pool resource dynamics through mathematical modelling...
- Life Sciences - 15.8
Doktorandin / Doktoranden (w/m/d)
- Computer Science/Telecom - 15.8
Data Scientist - Industry Projects (W/M)