agronomy and food science
Harnessing the forces of nature and agricultural practice in all its variety - that is diversification. Diversification brings benefits - positive impacts on yields and environmental protection. This is the conclusion of an international study in which Agroscope researchers took part, and which was recently published Advances.
Bans and simple measures alone won't solve the problems in plant protection. Robert Finger presses for a comprehensive pesticide policy.
Bronze Age pastoralists in what is now southern Russia apparently covered shorter distances than previously thought. It is believed that the Indo-European languages may have originated from this region, and these findings raise new questions about how technical and agricultural innovations spread to Europe. An international research team, with the participation of the University of Basel, has published a paper on this topic.
The Swiss Flora is one of the richest and most diverse in Europe. However, more than 700 plant species are considered to be threatened. In a nationwide project over 400 volunteer botanists revisited known populations of all threatened and rare plant species in Switzerland and recorded their presence or absence. Researchers from the University of Bern and the National Data and Information Center on the Swiss Flora have now analysed the dataset, and the results are alarming.
Project research assistant - MonoGutHealth Agroscope, 1725 Posieux FR
Labortechniker/-in im Bereich Pflanzenpathologie / Ackerpflanzenzüchtung und Genressourcen Agroscope, 1260 Nyon
Agronomy is the science and technology of using plants for food, fuel, feed, and fiber. Agronomy encompasses work in the areas of plant genetics, plant physiology, meteorology, and soil science. Agronomy is the application of a combination of sciences like biology, chemistry, ecology, earth science, and genetics. Agronomists today are involved with many issues including producing food, creating healthier food, managing environmental impact of agriculture, and creating energy from plants.Agronomists often specialize in areas such as crop rotation, irrigation and drainage, plant breeding, soil classification, soil fertility, weed control, insect and pest control.
- Agroscope belongs to the Swiss Federal Office for Agriculture (FOAG) and prepares the technical and scientific bases for an efficient, sustainable and competitive agriculture.
- The Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL Switzerland) is one of the world’s Leading information and documentation centre for organic agriculture. In the field of research, the FiBL is working to address issues of food quality, animal health, future development, agricultural policy, optimization of farming techniques and crop protection.
- School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences (HAFL) is a University of Applied Sciences who offers an academic education in agricultural, forestry and food sciences. In addition to degree programmes and further education, the Swiss College of Agriculture is active in applied research and renders services for the public and private sectors, both in Switzerland and internationaly.
- The Department of Agricultural and Food Sciences of the Swiss Federal Institut of Technology Zurich focus on the World Food System.
The University of Applied Sciences Changins focus on education and research in viticulture, oenology and arboriculture.
Last job offers
- Mathematics - 23.11
Un-e chargé-e de cours HES en Mathématiques / Statistiques à 40%
- Computer Science - 20.11
Front-End Entwickler/-in (80-100%)
- Pharmacology - 20.11
Pharmacien ou chimiste (h/f)
- Social Sciences - 19.11
Wissenschaftliche*r Mitarbeiter*in – Postdoc (70−80 %)
- Continuing Education - 18.11
Verantwortliche*r Geschäfte Weiterbildung (80-100%)
- Psychology - 18.11
Wissenschaftliche*r Mitarbeiter*in (70−80 %)
- Economics/Business - 18.11
(Senior) Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin / Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter im Bereich Tourismus und Konsumentenverhalten (80-100%)
- Computer Science - 17.11
(Senior) Research Associate / Post Doc AR/VR