agronomy and food science
Take protein - for instance, in the form of skimmed-milk powder - and put a pinch of it in a test tube.
Around two-thirds of the global adult population cannot digest lactose - milk sugar - due to a deficiency in lactase, the enzyme that is required for lactose digestion in humans.
Vegetables and fruits are an essential part of a healthy diet - but it is these foods in particular which usually require an above-average use of plant-protection products (PPPs). Plant protection is indispensable, as it ensures quantity and quality of yield in all plant crops and production systems.
EPFL's Digital Epidemiology Laboratory has launched Food & You - one of Switzerland's first citizen science initiatives on personalized nutrition.
NIR Application Development Senior Scientist Mars, Veghel
PhD position on zinc and cadmium transfer from soil to wheat Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Sciences cognitives et conscience EPFL, Lausanne
Gestion des risques et dangers chimiques au laboratoire EPFL, Lausanne
Essentials of Bayesian networks in forensic science EPFL, Lausanne
Sciences cognitives et inconscient EPFL, Lausanne
Agronomy is the science and technology of using plants for food, fuel, feed, and fiber. Agronomy encompasses work in the areas of plant genetics, plant physiology, meteorology, and soil science. Agronomy is the application of a combination of sciences like biology, chemistry, ecology, earth science, and genetics. Agronomists today are involved with many issues including producing food, creating healthier food, managing environmental impact of agriculture, and creating energy from plants.Agronomists often specialize in areas such as crop rotation, irrigation and drainage, plant breeding, soil classification, soil fertility, weed control, insect and pest control.
- Agroscope belongs to the Swiss Federal Office for Agriculture (FOAG) and prepares the technical and scientific bases for an efficient, sustainable and competitive agriculture.
- The Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL Switzerland) is one of the world’s Leading information and documentation centre for organic agriculture. In the field of research, the FiBL is working to address issues of food quality, animal health, future development, agricultural policy, optimization of farming techniques and crop protection.
- School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences (HAFL) is a University of Applied Sciences who offers an academic education in agricultural, forestry and food sciences. In addition to degree programmes and further education, the Swiss College of Agriculture is active in applied research and renders services for the public and private sectors, both in Switzerland and internationaly.
- The Department of Agricultural and Food Sciences of the Swiss Federal Institut of Technology Zurich focus on the World Food System.
The University of Applied Sciences Changins focus on education and research in viticulture, oenology and arboriculture.
Last job offers
- Business/Economics - 19.4
Dozent/in Business Communication 80-100%
- Media - 19.4
Digital Communication Manager/in 40-60%
- Computer Science/Telecom - 17.4
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in Data Science (60-100%)
- Health - 17.4
Professeur-e HES associé-e « Spécialisation en santé mentale et psychiatrie »