- Computer Science - Feb 12 The first OpenFood hackathon at EPFL is a hit
- Medicine - Nov 22 Food data at your fingertips
- Agronomy - Nov 10 Vacancies on Agroscope Executive Board all filled: Alain Gaume as Head of ‘Plant Pro- tection’
- Agronomy - Nov 10 Vacancies on Agroscope Executive Board all filled: Alain Gaume as Head of ‘Plant Protection’
- Agronomy - Sep 1 Nadja El Benni to head ‘Competitiveness and System Evaluation’ Research Division
- Agronomy - Aug 30 Using force to stifle dialogue
- Agronomy - May 23 An agricultural drone with a piercing gaze
agronomy and food science
Patrimoine viticole et vignobles romands University of Geneva
MAS ETH in Ernährung und Gesundheit (MAS ETH EG) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
CAS ETH in Nutrition for Disease Prevention and Health (CAS ETH Nutrition) Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zürich, ETHZ
Agronomy is the science and technology of using plants for food, fuel, feed, and fiber. Agronomy encompasses work in the areas of plant genetics, plant physiology, meteorology, and soil science. Agronomy is the application of a combination of sciences like biology, chemistry, ecology, earth science, and genetics. Agronomists today are involved with many issues including producing food, creating healthier food, managing environmental impact of agriculture, and creating energy from plants.Agronomists often specialize in areas such as crop rotation, irrigation and drainage, plant breeding, soil classification, soil fertility, weed control, insect and pest control.
- Agroscope belongs to the Swiss Federal Office for Agriculture (FOAG) and prepares the technical and scientific bases for an efficient, sustainable and competitive agriculture.
- The Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL Switzerland) is one of the world’s Leading information and documentation centre for organic agriculture. In the field of research, the FiBL is working to address issues of food quality, animal health, future development, agricultural policy, optimization of farming techniques and crop protection.
- School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences (HAFL) is a University of Applied Sciences who offers an academic education in agricultural, forestry and food sciences. In addition to degree programmes and further education, the Swiss College of Agriculture is active in applied research and renders services for the public and private sectors, both in Switzerland and internationaly.
- The Department of Agricultural and Food Sciences of the Swiss Federal Institut of Technology Zurich focus on the World Food System.
The University of Applied Sciences Changins focus on education and research in viticulture, oenology and arboriculture.
Last job offers
- Business/Economics - 24.3
Postdoctoral position (100%) in Marketing or consumer behavior
- Social Sciences - 24.3
Dozentin / Dozent mit Projektverantwortung im Bereich Sozialmanagement
- Life Sciences - 24.3
2 PhD student positions at the University of Zurich
- Pedagogy/Education Science - 23.3