agronomy and food science
In an in-depth study, Agroscope analysed the possible environmental impacts of implementing the Drinking-Water Initiative. The life-cycle assessment shows that pesticide and nutrient pollution of Swiss water bodies and groundwater could be reduced.
Every day, we choose the food we eat and influence our health, whether consciously or not. This link between diet and health is a core concern of nutritional scientists, who met in Bern from 7 to 12 September 2019 for the 16th annual conference of the NuGO nutrigenomics association.
Agronomy is the science and technology of using plants for food, fuel, feed, and fiber. Agronomy encompasses work in the areas of plant genetics, plant physiology, meteorology, and soil science. Agronomy is the application of a combination of sciences like biology, chemistry, ecology, earth science, and genetics. Agronomists today are involved with many issues including producing food, creating healthier food, managing environmental impact of agriculture, and creating energy from plants.Agronomists often specialize in areas such as crop rotation, irrigation and drainage, plant breeding, soil classification, soil fertility, weed control, insect and pest control.
- Agroscope belongs to the Swiss Federal Office for Agriculture (FOAG) and prepares the technical and scientific bases for an efficient, sustainable and competitive agriculture.
- The Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL Switzerland) is one of the world’s Leading information and documentation centre for organic agriculture. In the field of research, the FiBL is working to address issues of food quality, animal health, future development, agricultural policy, optimization of farming techniques and crop protection.
- School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences (HAFL) is a University of Applied Sciences who offers an academic education in agricultural, forestry and food sciences. In addition to degree programmes and further education, the Swiss College of Agriculture is active in applied research and renders services for the public and private sectors, both in Switzerland and internationaly.
- The Department of Agricultural and Food Sciences of the Swiss Federal Institut of Technology Zurich focus on the World Food System.
The University of Applied Sciences Changins focus on education and research in viticulture, oenology and arboriculture.
Last job offers
- Life Sciences - 18.9
Internship position in Biochemical Engineering in Development Optical Biosensors
- Electroengineering - 18.9
Entwicklungsingenieur/in Optoelektronische Systeme (m/w), 80-100%
- Life Sciences - 17.9
PhD student position in Pediatric Oncology
- Economics/Business - 17.9
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in Sustainable Business Models (80 %)
- Pedagogy - 16.9
Institutsleiter*in Kinder- und Jugendhilfe (80–100 %)
- Physics - 16.9
- Computer Science - 15.9
Research Associate in “Precision robust scalable computational imaging”
- Computer Science - 14.9
Senior Firmware Developer