agronomy and food science
There is little to suggest we'll be eating less meat any time soon. In the last post of 2020, Lukas Fesenfeld explains why a sustainable food supply system is still possible.
Soils possess great potential for sequestering CO2 from the atmosphere in the form of carbon, and thus for mitigating global warming. Agroscope researchers have now shown that in extensive cultivation systems, significantly more carbon enters the soil via plant roots than previously assumed. Based on these findings, the estimated values for the National Greenhouse Gas Inventory were adjusted.
Post-Doc "Sozioökonomische Nachhaltigkeitsindikatoren" Agroscope, 8356 Ettenhausen TG
Post Doc - Animal GenoPhenomics Agroscope, Posieux
Wissenschaftliche/-r Mitarbeiter/-in: Analyse von Pflanzenschutzmittel-Einsatz und -Risiken Agroscope, 8820 Wädenswil ZH
Agronomy is the science and technology of using plants for food, fuel, feed, and fiber. Agronomy encompasses work in the areas of plant genetics, plant physiology, meteorology, and soil science. Agronomy is the application of a combination of sciences like biology, chemistry, ecology, earth science, and genetics. Agronomists today are involved with many issues including producing food, creating healthier food, managing environmental impact of agriculture, and creating energy from plants.Agronomists often specialize in areas such as crop rotation, irrigation and drainage, plant breeding, soil classification, soil fertility, weed control, insect and pest control.
- Agroscope belongs to the Swiss Federal Office for Agriculture (FOAG) and prepares the technical and scientific bases for an efficient, sustainable and competitive agriculture.
- The Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL Switzerland) is one of the world’s Leading information and documentation centre for organic agriculture. In the field of research, the FiBL is working to address issues of food quality, animal health, future development, agricultural policy, optimization of farming techniques and crop protection.
- School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences (HAFL) is a University of Applied Sciences who offers an academic education in agricultural, forestry and food sciences. In addition to degree programmes and further education, the Swiss College of Agriculture is active in applied research and renders services for the public and private sectors, both in Switzerland and internationaly.
- The Department of Agricultural and Food Sciences of the Swiss Federal Institut of Technology Zurich focus on the World Food System.
The University of Applied Sciences Changins focus on education and research in viticulture, oenology and arboriculture.
Last job offers
- Computer Science - 24.2
Projektkoordinator/in Smart Region Zentralschweiz - Smart Region Lab (40%)
- Social Sciences - 24.2
Wissenschaftliche*r Mitarbeiter*in im SNF-Projekt zu Digitalisierung und partizipativer Stadtentwicklung (50 %)
- Computer Science - 23.2
Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in (Informatik- oder Elektro-Ingenieur/in) (80-100 %)
- Psychology - 23.2
Dozent/in Wirtschaftspsychologie mit Schwerpunkt Konsumentenpsychologie
- Laboratory - 23.2
Laboratory Assistant (60-100%)
- Computer Science - 20.2
Doctoral Position in Quantum Cryptography
- Computer Science - 20.2
Research Associate Quantum Cryptography & IT security (50-100%)
- Mechanical Engineering - 19.2
Wissenschaftlicher Assistent / Wissenschaftliche Assistentin